UK General Election

Bobbie Bobster

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

I find it quite surprising that that great statesperson theresa will not be taking part in any televised debates. Is she not allowed to have her scriptwriters stood next to her?

Well they are a total waste of a couple of hours of your life, aren't they? I mean, same old stuff you heard a thousand times before trotted out. It's just a media circus with nothing of substance. Just because "call me Dave" and "I agree with Nick" liked them, doesn't make them worthwhile.

Nah! They can be interesting, and certainly, they allow people who don't follow politics much a chance to see a wider range of leaders. 

A sitting PM with a 20 point poll lead and opponents who are largely unknown - Farron, Corbyn and Nuttall would be insane to give them a platform to shine. Especially, when everyone knows Sturgeon would demand a place and would wipe the floor with her. 

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

It is telling about May...the fact she is afraid to stand up and debate her position, and we are supposed to trust in her to be in charge, especially in a time of great turmoil and division.

And the fact that she has chosen to do it now - before any impact has been felt from Brexit as nothing has actually happened so far other than triggering it. Shows she hasn't got the guts to face the electorate in the aftermath of the actual real effects of Brexit on the UK and it's voters. If she is so confident that Brexit will be good for the UK then she should have had the guts to stand for re-election after it all happened and let the voters judge her on the actual outcome.

51 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I think she knows corbyn could make some good points against her and it be judged by those watching, rather than reading someone else summary about what a biff he looks

someone wrote about corbyn:o

Archived