Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

8 minutes ago, code99 said:

It is my understanding that only UK residents and taxpayers can be Members of the House of Lords. I therefore infer that the Baroness is not technically an IOM resident, so why does our media keep fawning over her all the time? As it has been pointed out, the Island does not need any more bad press. If she is an IOM resident for tax purposes i.e. spends more than 6 months per year here, then surely she cannot sit in the House of Lords. 

This is an interesting point.

Additionally UK political parties and its members should not accept donations from any person or business not based in the UK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, code99 said:

It is my understanding that only UK residents and taxpayers can be Members of the House of Lords. I therefore infer that the Baroness is not technically an IOM resident, so why does our media keep fawning over her all the time? As it has been pointed out, the Island does not need any more bad press. If she is an IOM resident for tax purposes i.e. spends more than 6 months per year here, then surely she cannot sit in the House of Lords. 

Would rather she stayed off altogether. 

A horrible woman.

49 minutes ago, sheswiththeband said:

£150,000 fine by HMRC…. Laughable 😂 a company like that makes that sum in less than a week. 

there should now be an investigation  by the isle of Man banking and insurance supervision authority , 

thats why they are  payed all this money for,     to keep the industry  clean and not bring it into disrepute,       very good Tynwald question for someone like Jason here    !

13 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Nothing in realty will be done, except the usual statements how the IOM is a low tax financial jurisdiction blah blah blah. Besides Russia is the name of the game and the island is deregistering yachts, shipping, aircraft and helicopters on the orders of the UK Government (and quite rightly so).

This article is creating more reputational damage, for the island but more so for the person and the business and the fact he is a HNWI and resides here.  

On 3/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, code99 said:

I think the law works the other way round. Someone who sits in the house of Lords is regarded as UK resident and domiciled for UK tax purposes.

I expect this is quite separate from the question as to whether they are IOM resident for IOM tax purposes.

A person could be resident in both jurisdictions.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Is that the case? That’s bloody sad. 

So beautiful on the outside too. 

I've met her several times when she's been sloshed. She's great in photos, average in person and when she opens her gob.. Jesus Mary Joseph and the little donkey, that's enough to clear a room.

It's also particularly sad that Knox recently insisted anyone who comes in to close contact with Doug and Michelle in a personal capacity needed to sign NDAs. If they didn't they'd stop using their restaurant or service etc.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1