Rob Callister

La Colombe

2 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Which is what he should have done. Mine wasn’t a question as such more couldn’t believe he asked. Try reading it that way.

Happy to clarify the reason for the question......

The P.O. Chairman made a recent statement in Tynwald stating that the IOM had the cheapest postage in Europe, which was incorrect....

My written question led to the P.O. issuing an apology this month to all Tynwald Members, because IOM does not have the cheapest postage in Europe....

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

The P.O. Chairman made a recent statement in Tynwald stating that the IOM had the cheapest postage in Europe, which was incorrect....

My written question led to the P.O. issuing an apology this month to all Tynwald Members, because IOM does not have the cheapest postage in Europe....

What a fckn pedant. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rob Callister said:

Needless to say, you had the last laugh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob Callister said:

That seems odd as your actual question was “ What the costs are for sending a 100g letter first class and second class (if applicable) to: a) the Isle of Man; b) Jersey; c) Guernsey; d) the UK; e) the Republic of Ireland; and f) Europe?

That would seem to refer to outgoing letters from the IOM to those places surely? (Europe is also 27 different countries). It asks nothing about which place has the cheapest post in Europe. It asks which place is the cheapest to send a letter to from the IOM? Will you be publishing a copy of the claimed apology letter in due course? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

That seems odd as your actual question was “ What the costs are for sending a 100g letter first class and second class (if applicable) to: a) the Isle of Man; b) Jersey; c) Guernsey; d) the UK; e) the Republic of Ireland; and f) Europe?

That refers to outgoing letters from the IOM to those places (Europe is also 27 different countries). It asks nothing about which place has the cheapest post in Europe. It’s asks which place is the cheapest to send a letter to from the IOM? 

He probably didn't understand the question that he asked.  Not for the first time. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nomadic Raptor said:

I’m sooooo glad that question got cleared up. My mind is at rest, I’m so glad the island isn’t going down the shitter

Try watching what's taking place with the benefit of perspective and distance.  You guys are in deep trouble but being fed pure BS from behind a screen of smoke and mirrors. It's problematic enough over here but although we face an uncertain future at least we're not rushing blindfold towards a cliff edge.

44 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

That would seem to refer to outgoing letters from the IOM to those places surely? (Europe is also 27 different countries). It asks nothing about which place has the cheapest post in Europe. It asks which place is the cheapest to send a letter to from the IOM? Will you be publishing a copy of the claimed apology letter in due course? 

Whilst he's at it perhaps he could publish the estimated cost of a tynwald question..... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Whilst he's at it perhaps he could publish the estimated cost of a tynwald question..... 

I think the Bell regime published that in an attempt to cut down on being asked questions. 

Here you go I managed to find it:

https://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_159530.html

It was £62k a year in total in 2011 and claimed about £90 a question which I think is very low actually for civil servants time in responding. Except in this case where accessing the IOM Post website probably took someone 22 seconds. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rob Callister said:

maybe the P.O.   Chairman just 'estimated' that it was the cheapest postage in Europe,  like the TT spend per head was up,  that sort of maths.....

• Like 1