Enterprise Development Scheme.

hagar the horrible

5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Why can’t they just be honest? It was a shit scheme, badly planned and executed, and they got it wrong. 

I'm not so sure that the Scheme itself was shit, the idea of independent/external eyes was supposed to protect us (the taxpayer) from exactly what is going to happen now.

The T&Cs might have been restrictive but there's no reason why they can'y be modified.

The thing that I object to is that that they done away with that professional oversight completely, save for one "expert" on the committee.  

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

(and this) mean there's to be a free-for-all, for mates of mates?

33 minutes ago, asitis said:

Maybe we could use the expertise involved when sorting out agricultural grants surely those must be subject to rigid oversight ?

You make a good point. Skelly got it to sail through Tynwald (listen to above linkj in Andy's post.

Which is just like what Phil Gawne did with the landowners grants.

Although to be fair, The Match did say we would all die of starvation if Tynwald didn't approve grants for the landowners. I mean,how could you refuse, especially when there were so Tynwald Members who owned land, or who had friends (newly found friends that is to say) who were landowners.

On 9/27/2018 at 7:09 AM, hagar the horrible said:

Granada news last night, IOM enterprise development scheme abandoned, no longer necessary because our economy is doing so well, 

You remember when the very important contingent (Bell, Shimmin et al, et al) went on a business finding trip to China.

Well they went to one big company and were told that no one could see them because there was no one there important enough in the office. (As related by Mr Bell on Manx Radio)

Of all the office excuses, that one is the daddy.

Well, it appears our lot are feeding the same shite to Granada News.

21 minutes ago, gettafa said:

You remember when the very important contingent (Bell, Shimmin et al, et al) went on a business finding trip to China.

Well they went to one big company and were told that no one could see them because there was no one there important enough in the office. (As related by Mr Bell on Manx Radio)

Of all the office excuses, that one is the daddy.

so did that mean that bell and his goons weren't important enough  ( probably correct )   or that the company had no staff in that day that were important enough to see them?

31 minutes ago, gettafa said:

We have a growing Govt Dept of highly paid people whose entire raison d'etre is to compose and feed shite. Both to the media and the population in general. And very professional they are too. As we can see....

2 hours ago, WTF said:

so did that mean that bell and his goons weren't important enough  ( probably correct )   or that the company had no staff in that day that were important enough to see them?

Well, the top politicians of the Isle of Man were visiting a big, big multi-national company in China. Clearly there was no one important or high status enough to see them. And that was the point that Mr Bell made in the interview, and how different countries do business differently.

I can imagine our lads imparting this nugget of wisdom to the likes of their counterparts in Westminster. 

28 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Well, the top politicians of the Isle of Man were visiting a big, big multi-national company in China. Clearly there was no one important or high status enough to see them. And that was the point that Mr Bell made in the interview, and how different countries do business differently.

I can imagine our lads imparting this nugget of wisdom to the likes of their counterparts in Westminster. 

so i was right in the first instance then,   our top politico's aren't worth a wank beyond these shores.   :P

Vader made sure it dint happen..  He didn't like how the chinese treated t their elephants or their monkeys or something like that. My memories a bit hazy on the reason but he was proper ranty about how they should do business with the Chinese.  maybe the Dfe listened to him. Someone had to one day.

4 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

So what happened to all that business that we were going to pull in from China ? They even had classes lined up to teach our kids Mandarin because China was the future.

A friend of mine was told that the 300 houses off the new Ballasalla bypass were for Chinese families !

I should add this was by someone from Dandara, we suspected it was a planning ruse !!!!!!

Archived