NSC

hissingsid

36 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Man in pub was telling me that the new flume assemblies are too heavy for the existing foundations? Don't know how much truth is in that though.

Different story is that money was sent off to a company that didn’t exist...

• Like 1

Either way, having been there the other day I cannot understand why the small pools aren’t open with just the slides out of use as clearly nothing going on with the slides. 
Also who on earth chose the colour way of the changing rooms? Grey and red feels like a male prison or smelly gym. It’s horrendously oppressive. What was wrong with blues ????

9 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

You've got to assume they have already paid all the money or surely everyone involved would be binned off for breach of contract. 

Rumour has it that money has been paid - to a company that don't exist...

12 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

You've got to assume they have already paid all the money or surely everyone involved would be binned off for breach of contract. 

More likely that the row is about the contract and the supplier is claiming they produced exactly what was asked for and the civil servants don't want to admit they made a massive cock-up with the specification.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Heard (from a lady down the pub) that there are a couple of issues (notwithstanding ALL the other issues) -

Couple of contractors have walked off site

The slides that were purchased were the wrong size, and the contractor attempted to jam them into the rigid bit at the top, resulting in the slide getting all bent out of shape

The tiles in the paddling pool being left with a lot of sharp edges

Tiles falling off walls in swim area and changing area

I am sure that there is a lot more but the lady down the pub wasn't telling.

What I heard, the touble was not the slides but were the steps going up to them in that they didn't comply with current regulation as they had too many steps before some sort of landing, therefore they are being remade, which also means the supports need altering.

Edited by Katman
  • Like 1