NSC

hissingsid

A Director of Projects and a Project Manager, to boot.

And there folks, I'd suggest, are at least a couple of positions that are being justified by the continual need to take on huge schemes beyond the abilities of the Department rather than the basic maintenance which seems to be eschewed in favour of such schemes these days.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

A Director of Projects and a Project Manager, to boot.

And there folks, I'd suggest, are at least a couple of positions that are being justified by the continual need to take on huge schemes beyond the abilities of the Department rather than the basic maintenance which seems to be eschewed in favour of such schemes these days.

Room for a manager of projects and an of projects manager yet. And a few deputies.

• Haha 1

As it happens there was a question from Peake[1] about the NSC pool in last week's Keys, which led to Cregeen trying the old line about not paying for repairs, as if not having to pay to get it working was somehow a bonus.  The most amusing thing was that it then developed into full handbags at dawn between Peake and Cregeen with the latter managing to make an idiot of himself, which was an achievement given how pompous Peake was being. (He had to"go and ask the staff to actually clean that[,] myself").  Too long to quote properly but worth reading.

As I've pointed out before, you can't really call Cregeen a bully, because that would require someone to be frightened of him.  But he manages to combine arrogance and ignorance in quite an impressive way, even for a member of this government.

Caine rather plaintively asked [W]hen he talks about the ongoing negotiations with the Attorney General’s and the contractors, is there any end in sight, can he give an answer? For instance, when the pool will be fully operational, including the flumes, please? and just got the reply:

Unfortunately these matters are getting dealt with through both legal and contractual terms.  As previously, because this is the way that we are moving forward through these processes, I am unable to give a date at this time.

So it looks like a long wait.

[1]  Always a fairly rare event and as usual with him concerned with one of his personal interests (he's a swimming coach) rather than wider constituency or national matters.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Augustus said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-51463367

Presumably the model to be followed.

I bet we could have a good go at beating the £800k though. Mere pence that....