Lunatic eco-warrior

Manx Bean

so i take it our two manx eco warriors only buy only manx produce so reducing food miles, walk everywhere.......can't use public transport as they run on that nasty diesel.

yes most sane people will have sympathy with their aims ..........but doesn't causing traffic jams lead to an increase in fumes due to cars idling, buses diverted so on longer routes using more fuel ..........unintended consequences etc 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I have not seen any reports of criminal damage.....it is time people stood up for what the believe in.    Good on them.

Hi Sid,

I totally agree with and admire your stance on this.

For years now I have yearned to emulate those who can make their way in the real world whilst at the same time protecting the planet for future generations.

You seem to have cracked this conundrum - therefore may I ask you to describe, in detail, how you have achieved this success?

What work do you do? How do you travel to work?

How does the result of your work, minus the environmental cost of you doing the work, achieve a net gain to the protection of the planet?

There are millions (literally) of us who would back this sort of enterprise if only we knew how to do it.

Could you please advise, but go slowly, some of us are numpties at this sort of thing.

Cheers,

Manximus

1 hour ago, thebees said:

Seriously? Climate change, my arse! Its all a load of nonsense. CBA but I could go on.

If "climate change" gives us good Fridays like today, I am all for it.

Lovely in Peel this afternoon, wasn't it. ?;)

19 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

If "climate change" gives us good Fridays like today, I am all for it.

Lovely in Peel this afternoon, wasn't it. ?;)

And Laxey. Absolutely thronging down on the seafront.

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

they have damaged property, they have committed criminal acts.......

the level of graffiti is horrendous......

the amount of waste and tents left behind which will be going to landfill and plastic bottles left everywhere....

all while walking around in imported clothes and using the latest imported mobile phones.....

eco......don't think so.......

just got back from a week in central London , didn't see any evidence of what you claim, at Oxford Circus, all seemed pretty good natured between the police and the protestors ,nice change from the way the old bill behave during the countryside protest way back.

Have to say that I don't have a problem with the protestors, at least it's getting publicity for something the UK gov and big business choose to ignore .

Just saying

9 hours ago, paswt said:

just got back from a week in central London , didn't see any evidence of what you claim, at Oxford Circus, all seemed pretty good natured between the police and the protestors ,nice change from the way the old bill behave during the countryside protest way back.

Have to say that I don't have a problem with the protestors, at least it's getting publicity for something the UK gov and big business choose to ignore .

Just saying

you didn't spot the plastic boat........:whistling:

2 bin wagons of contaminated waste removed last night........

and due to gridlock pollution levels have gone up......

35 minutes ago, woody2 said:

you didn't spot the plastic boat........:whistling:

2 bin wagons of contaminated waste removed last night........

and due to gridlock pollution levels have gone up......

I did spot the pink boat , it was difficult to miss as it was in the centre of the road with a DJ on board ,the music was  quite loud .

Not sure what you regard as "contaminated waste" , I didn't see any.

I speak as I find "woody2".

That said I didn't find it too difficult getting around London on public transport:flowers:

Its a well known fact that people incarcerated in prison have a very low carbon footprint (especially unheated prisons or those on remote Scottish islands).

1 year in prison for taking part in something that disrupts the economy or traffic.

5 Years for associated damage to property.

10 Years for organisation of above (double if flying from California to take part).

Temperatures will plummet overnight.

4 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Its a well known fact that people incarcerated in prison have a very low carbon footprint (especially unheated prisons or those on remote Scottish islands).

1 year in prison for taking part in something that disrupts the economy or traffic.

5 Years for associated damage to property.

10 Years for organisation of above (double if flying from California to take part).

Temperatures will plummet overnight.

Interesting hypothesis, perhaps you would advocate that all  powers should be vested in the multinational companies / the mega wealthy , who can then dispense with any  legal process ?

16 minutes ago, paswt said:

Interesting hypothesis, perhaps you would advocate that all  powers should be vested in the multinational companies / the mega wealthy , who can then dispense with any  legal process ?

Indeed. Shell oil Co are after all a major producer of the GRP resins that allow those pretty pink boats to be built in the first place.

Archived