Benefits Payments Delayed

Amadeus

image.png.a84971ad79fb301752e8be0250ea9362.png

Benefits payments which were due to be credited to customers’ bank accounts today will not reach their bank accounts until Monday. Staff are investigating, and are extremely sorry for the delay. Customers in urgent need: call Social Security on 685092, 685094 or 685105.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The government could just ask their bank to send them using the instant ‘Faster Payments’ system instead of the usual 2 day BACS system. Then everyone will get their money today. Might involve a tiny bit of work, though, so it probably won’t happen. 

17 minutes ago, Terminal said:

The government could just ask their bank to send them using the instant ‘Faster Payments’ system instead of the usual 2 day BACS system. Then everyone will get their money today. Might involve a tiny bit of work, though, so it probably won’t happen. 

When I send money around the UK with BACS it takes just a few seconds. I'm with NatWest, same computer system as IOM Bank.

7 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

When I send money around the UK with BACS it takes just a few seconds. I'm with NatWest, same computer system as IOM Bank.

Online banking for you and I uses the ‘faster payments’ system by default. Corporations submit payment files using the older BACS system which is a 3 day process (but actually takes 2). 

Just now, Terminal said:

Online banking for you and I uses the ‘faster payments’ system by default. Corporations submit payment files using the older BACS system which is a 3 day process (but actually takes 2). 

OK. So the peasants get a better service :) .

51 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That'll make the anti-welfare nobbers on here happy

There is a line for urgent need and maybe they can still offer a personal issue. I was due £350 Benefits years ago when they sort of forgot me. They then paid me £3.50. They insisted they were right until I took it higher and higher when they offered me £350 but not until after a week. I insisted pay that day and thus I was paid out about 4pm on  a Friday for the full amount. Across in UK the system is in chaos. Lost its way. Nothing works due to constant reorganisation.

When on benefits you really do live cheque to cheque (its been a while). It certainly isnt the luxury life some folks imagine it is. A fair few people are going to have a really tough weekend.

All the departmental Christmas dinners need to be paid for, sod the people who actually need the money.

1 hour ago, Barrie Stevens said:

There is a line for urgent need and maybe they can still offer a personal issue. I was due £350 Benefits years ago when they sort of forgot me. They then paid me £3.50. They insisted they were right until I took it higher and higher when they offered me £350 but not until after a week. I insisted pay that day and thus I was paid out about 4pm on  a Friday for the full amount. Across in UK the system is in chaos. Lost its way. Nothing works due to constant reorganisation.

That's weird, considering you invented benefits, the banking system, the government and pretty much the world as we know it ;)

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I wonder what caused it.

The Fifth Horseman Of The Apocalypse - Stupidity.

Staff are investigating, and are extremely sorry for the delay "

How comforting for those with no readies until Monday.....

So who is putting them on a trowel for no disaster recovery...?

Archived