IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, WTF said:

you have to jump through the hoops so the powers that be can say they have done or are doing something,  the fact that no one checks to see if you jump through the hoops shows the powers that be don't care if you haven't.

That's not it at all.  It's simply trying to display a grown-up attitude to a disease as it transits from new/pandemic to endemic.  It's called trusting people to do the right thing, which most of them will.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The man is is a fucking coward, posting that from behind either my 3rd or 4th time blocked. 

If you want to have at go at me it is totally fine, I can take it, do it so I can reply though yeah 

Pussies 

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Not only that, his 'presumably' is basically his own fantasy seeing as he's made it up.

Anyone who thinks there should still be criminal sanctions for getting infected is a cock.

Frankly you’re as bad as each other. And you do your trolling and goading and trolling from behind an anonymous account. At least Iain posts as himself.

You're at opposite extremes of the spectrum. Both irrationally fixated.

Truth. Not scaremongering.

Theres still a global pandemic. Most people world wide aren’t vaccinated. There’s a whole pool of infection and mutation going on, just a flight and a few hours away. Yes, it’s now endemic in most of the first world.

Yes, we should celebrate the removal of any unnecessary restrictions imposed by government.

But, we should be taking precautions, such as not going out or to work if we are symptomatic. Observing hygiene. If we are infected and have to go out - wear a mask. It’s basic courtesy to others, respect for their health and integrity. Just like you’d do, or should do, for mumps, measles, chicken pox, the flu.

Ive been lucky. Not caught covid. Immunocompromised, seriously overweight. 4 times vaxxed. And I’ll take the boosters as and when offered. But, from the minute it’s been possible, I’ve gone out, travelled ( before and after vaccine ). But I do still risk assess. A lot less than previously. I’m back on court and police duty rota, something I avoided for 18 months. I’m travelling and going to theatres and museums. But I wear my mask, a new one each time, if requested.

Its called getting on with life, not making a fuss. Respecting others choices. Not rubbing faces in it.

Something you, Teapot, and Iain, seem incapable of.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Dr Doom has spoken! 

Screenshot_20220331-120814_Twitter.jpg

Worth it?

Is it a good question?

We have lives to lead. 

Perhaps it's a silly question and a poor show for a professional. The right question is IMO;

Is it a risk worth taking?

For me yes it is. For some it will not be and they have a choice. 

We have been told by the experts from the start that precautions and restrictions are to stop hospitals being overwhelmed. They are far from that. If that changes then of course we will have to step back. We will never know until we put it to the test.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s quite a long thread on Twitter which ends with RG saying she will block the guy challenging her statement as well as telling company not to use him for travel bookings!

She’s the Queen of drama.

Covid has now morphed into the friend of the work shy & those who can make money out of it. Some might argue it’s been like that since the virus was ‘introduced’ …

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s quite a long thread on Twitter which ends with RG saying she will block the guy challenging her statement as well as telling company not to use him for travel bookings!

I genuinely don't think she is thinking this through

The TT is a big event for the Island but in global terms of public sporting/hospitality gatherings its a pin prick of an event.

Consider such things like (for example)

1. A Grand Prix
  2. A Manchester United European game
  3. A night out in Benidorm

All these have bigger numbers in closer proximity

Why would the TT be treated any different to whats going on in the rest of the world. Of course she could turn out to be right but in all likelihood she'll turn out to be totally wrong, as she has with all her other forecasts of gloom and disaster.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I genuinely don't think she is thinking this through

The TT is a big event for the Island but in global terms of public sporting/hospitality gatherings its a pin prick of an event.

Consider such things like (for example)

1. A Grand Prix
  2. A Manchester United European game
  3. A night out in Benidorm

All these have bigger numbers in closer proximity

Why would the TT be treated any different to whats going on in the rest of the world. Of course she could turn out to be right but in all likelihood she'll turn out to be totally wrong, as she has with all her other forecasts of gloom and disaster.

It's simply saying something controversial to stay relevant. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manx17 said:

I’m not sure it is that people are Scared, maybe a small majority. But I think it’s more that the hospital wasn’t the best in the first place, but now running on empty. 20 people with covid in hospital is a very small number and it  shouldn’t really make any difference to day to day running of things. It’s probably that in itself making people worry that if they get seriously Sick will they be able to get treatment. I definitely wouldn’t like to be a doctor or nurse now they must be run of their feet and it only takes one small mistake to make a devastating one. It makes me wonder if MHKs are qualified enough for the roles they take on, as it’s peoples lives at stake. Not necessarily people that have covid but more with people needing treatment for other things that itself won’t help them if they were then to get covid. The problem is the ones that made bad decisions in the past will have their nice pensions and know if they need treatment can afford to go private else where. Let’s hope this time with this government they make a difference. But up to now I’m not seeing it. It’s still let’s waste money, activity teams and street parties. Sweeping things under the carpet needs to stop. 

20 people is a small number, but probably a big number to isolate from other patients in, what is, after all, a small hospital. 

There have been mistakes, but we have what we have and, tbh, MC seem to responding in a measured and pragmatic way.  It's all very well saying this or that should have happened, but it didn't and they have to get on with the hand they have been dealt. 

I am not sure they can do much more now.