IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Bill1977 said:

It actually is. A little bit of context to your alarmist points. 

Most people are in hospital with other conditions, not because of Covid. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/most-patients-on-covid-wards-in-for-other-illnesses-says-manx-care-ceo/

3 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I guess you've not had it then. There's no going to work if you get a proper dose. Which is why removing COVID sick pay is going to lead to both a wider spread of sickness  (people working when unfit); and potentially people losing cash because they are to unwell to work but can't claim sick pay for the first three days.

As for the hospital considering how many are being hospitalised at the moment with COVID it's a not surprise. Couple that with risking other vulnerable patients catching it in hospital is easy to see why they've done this. The Government and you may think it's over but it's not.

No it is over.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Absolute rubbish.

Hardly anyone I am aware of who has had it this year would have needed more than a day or two off work.  Most could have worked right through.

Most people knew the hospital number was meaningless and today Manx Care have finally admitted it.  Why this data hasn’t been available throughout I don’t know.  The constant obsession by some because two more people went into nobles for something and were routinely swabbed and found positive has caused huge distress to peoples mental health.

Forget the numbers and live your life to its fullest.  Summer is around the corner, we can travel relatively freely again and the best TT for years with loads of events is on its way.

Get out and smile.

I know two of the people in hospital. One of them almost certainly won't get back out and if they do it's into long term care - they were in fine health before. Both were admitted because of COVID. I also have relatives with long COVID who are under 40. However, that's not something you really care about. 

This has always been the case that MOST won't get majorly ill but some will get extremely ill and some will die. This is happening at a greater rate than the flu.

The question is has Manx Care over reacted? The answer is no. We have a major nursing shortage (even before COVID); we have vulnerable people in hospital who can't take the decision to protect themselves because they are not in control of the environment; and there has almost certainly been spread internally in the hospital.

My major concern for the general public is those who can't claim the COVID payment are going to be screwed if they have to go off ill at a time that everything is getting more expensive. As another poster said there was a time that the Government could have revolutionised the welfare system around sick pay but they choose not to. The sad thing is we keep electing the same tired old stereotypical politicians.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Banker said:

Of more concern is the 220 Manx care staff absent due to Covid which is increase of 30 in a week which is causing severe problems 

Of that 220, 218 are more than likely managers.

My wife is currently in hospital and being well looked after by the small number of nursing staff. I have more respect for them now than I ever did

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Of that 220, 218 are more than likely managers.

My wife is currently in hospital and being well looked after by the small number of nursing staff. I have more respect for them now than I ever did

Well you’re completely wrong there as most of them are frontline 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

If this goes arse over tit Manx care will get the blame. Whilst it’s well known that Nobles hospital needed to invest in staffing levels a very long time ago and every new government elected haven’t listened.

There are more and more people going to the UK for treatment then ever before and nobles hospital is becoming a nursing home. 

Manx Don’t Care should be held accountable. More layers of management than staff that is actually required. Why is our healthcare put in the hands of profiteers?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manx17 said:

Who employed Manx care ? The same people who didn’t listen for years so employed a scapegoat to foot the fall. That hospital was falling apart way before Manx Care came along.

Anybody with an active brain cell know full well that the previous administrations are to blame for the failings. MDC are there to make as much money as they can

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Anybody with an active brain cell know full well that the previous administrations are to blame for the failings. MDC are there to make as much money as they can

How are Manx Care making as money as they can? You do know it’s a public owned operation?