IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Cambon said:

More overreaction.

Indeed; the Health industry appears to be holding out as the last bastion of restrictions.  Clearly there are some circumstances where precautions might be necessary but at present they can so they will.  Someone needs to have a word in the form of a no-argument directive to get on with doing what they are paid to do.

As for the mass absenteeism at our banks; I never knew there was so much lead to be swung.  Try stopping sick-pay and see what the returns to wok are.

Edited by Utah 01
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Indeed; the Health industry appears to be holding out as the last bastion of restrictions.  Clearly there are some circumstances where precautions might be necessary but at present they can so they will.  Someone needs to have a word in the form of a no-argument directive to get on with doing what they are paid to do.

As for the mass absenteeism at our banks; I never knew there was so much lead to be swung.  Try stopping sick-pay and see what the returns to wok are.

I guess you've not had it then. There's no going to work if you get a proper dose. Which is why removing COVID sick pay is going to lead to both a wider spread of sickness  (people working when unfit); and potentially people losing cash because they are to unwell to work but can't claim sick pay for the first three days.

As for the hospital considering how many are being hospitalised at the moment with COVID it's a not surprise. Couple that with risking other vulnerable patients catching it in hospital is easy to see why they've done this. The Government and you may think it's over but it's not.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I guess you've not had it then. There's no going to work if you get a proper dose. Which is why removing COVID sick pay is going to lead to both a wider spread of sickness  (people working when unfit); and potentially people losing cash because they are to unwell to work but can't claim sick pay for the first three days.

As for the hospital considering how many are being hospitalised at the moment with COVID it's a not surprise. Couple that with risking other vulnerable patients catching it in hospital is easy to see why they've done this. The Government and you may think it's over but it's not.

It could be that they were already in hospital when they caught it.  Seems to be rife in there at the moment.

55 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The same could be said for Norovirus, Influenza and no doubt many other viral infections.

We are as well protected as we are ever likely to be.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

We are as well protected as we are ever likely to be.

This.

There is nothing more that can be done. A spring booster campaign is in operation for the elderly and those deemed vulnerable, there will be an autumn one too (and really that might be better than a spring one anyway). There will be sharp rises and sharp drops a couple of times a year every year for the next decade probably. 

Everyone is going to get the virus several times, I find it amazing there are still people out there who reject this fact.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WTF said:

i guess letting covid have a final  free run around now means that everyone that was ever going to end up in hospital will have been admitted and discharged before we need space for TT goers.

The wheelchair doctor in Ramsey does NOT like your comments.

7 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

In all honesty though it's great that the Government has increased the bed capacity at Nobles over the last 2 years to deal with these kind of peaks... 

Oh, they never did that?

Bit like how great it was that right at the start of the pandemic they revolutionised sick pay, compelling business to pay sick pay to those on zero hours or temporary contracts, making it much easier to access government support, increasing properly the pittance they themselves offer permanently and just generally helping make it easier for people to take time off when they are unwell.

But they never did that either.