IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

It’s going to be fun TT fortnight with the daily/twice/thrice or more meetings to guess/check capacity before practice or race. Also the potential for biker or visitors to fall ill with COVID coupled with locals who may fall ill etc. Blind Panic. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Anybody with an active brain cell know full well that the previous administrations are to blame for the failings. MDC are there to make as much money as they can

1 hour ago, Banker said:

How are Manx Care making as money as they can? You do know it’s a public owned operation?

Manx Care and MDC are not the same

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, snowman said:

What is MDC?

The point is that most of the hospital cases are being picked up on admission testing according to Theresa Cope.  The high figure is because it is at high levels in the community.  It is not because people are falling seriously ill with it, but of course the hospital do not want it circulating there.

So it will cause stresses on the hospital but it is not a reason not to continue with relaxation elsewhere.

Of course,  those who are scared for their lives think it is a very worrying sign and still want the daily stats to manage their risk, ie maintain their level of fear.  That is something that govt. need to help by reassurance. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It will be, and with all the Facebook Karen’s of doom demanding that none of them are wearing masks etc etc.

I am certainly not one of them, and I can see you aren’t either. I don’t Manx Care and other ‘stakeholders’ have done themselves any favours, the words running around like headless chickens come to mind. Common sense wearing a mask in a crowd, built up area or confined spaces, vaccinated, Covid tested or unvaccinated. Not much to ask or is it complicated, rule inflicted or freedom bashing, it’s freedom to choose, but freedom to use common sense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman said:

One is supposed to be run at Arms Length but realty it’s run by the politicos. MDC is a quango, supposed to be run at arms length, but with IOMG interference by politicos. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

What is MDC?

The point is that most of the hospital cases are being picked up on admission testing according to Theresa Cope.  The high figure is because it is at high levels in the community.  It is not because people are falling seriously ill with it, but of course the hospital do not want it circulating there.

So it will cause stresses on the hospital but it is not a reason not to continue with relaxation elsewhere.

Of course,  those who are scared for their lives think it is a very worrying sign and still want the daily stats to manage their risk, ie maintain their level of fear.  That is something that govt. need to help by reassurance. 

I’ve had a lot of doctors and Nobles appointments recently. I’ve had the text messages to take lfd test an hour before. I’ve done it, and taken a picture of the result. I’ve not even be asked have you tested when I’ve attended, which is rather illogical and if I’ve got a snapshot of the results it can be recorded. 

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’ve had a lot of doctors and Nobles appointments recently. I’ve had the text messages to take lfd test an hour before. I’ve done it, and taken a picture of the result. I’ve not even be asked have you tested when I’ve attended, which is rather illogical and if I’ve got a snapshot of the results it can be recorded. 

you have to jump through the hoops so the powers that be can say they have done or are doing something,  the fact that no one checks to see if you jump through the hoops shows the powers that be don't care if you haven't.

• Like 1

I have never had to take a picture of my test and lately have had more than my fair share of medical appointments I have just been asked if I have done one.   As for the races if they have to cancel races due to bed shortage etc it could be counter productive because the roads will be open and the fans instead of being in situ watching the races will no doubt be on the roads with a strong possibility of having more accidents for the hospital to deal with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

What is MDC?

MDC = Manx Don’t Care, in this context, I think. It’s the same puerile nonsense as NPM = Nations Propaganda Mouth Piece, Tynpotwald or Grauniad.

It could be Manx Development Corporation.

As they say, context is everything.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

MDC = Manx Don’t Care, in this context, I think. It’s the same puerile nonsense as NPM = Nations Propaganda Mouth Piece, Tynpotwald or Grauniad.

It could be Manx Development Corporation.

As they say, context is everything.

Oh come on, you can't put the excellent Grauniad in the same class as those others. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Fuck sakes.

Screenshot_20220331-100329_Twitter.jpg

The man is is a fucking coward, posting that from behind either my 3rd or 4th time blocked. 

If you want to have at go at me it is totally fine, I can take it, do it so I can reply though yeah 

Pussies