IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan is trotting out IOMGs favourite mantra ‘lessons will be learned’ yet again. Sadly he and they won’t learn, given an opportunity they will repeat things over again. He is also trotting out how IOMG need time to digest the findings and recommendations. Surely they would have known some of them were predicted and mitigated steps taken to address those areas of concern? 

If you read Howards statement they never received the Abbotswood report!  Strange goings on with expol and then the police being involved but no charges.  Feels like govs go-to strategy for coverups, see concocted documents debacle

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Grateful Pleb said:

We’re all just so SO grateful to you for saving the whole island when you did. I’ve read every word of your 27,000 word attention seeking egomaniacal statement tonight, including references to your therapist to solicit direct sympathy from any reader, and I’d like you to know that I’ve had a nice little clap in my garden just for you tonight. I hope you’re well. God bless you and your therapist and I’m just grateful that I’m still alive just because of you. 

Just a sick and twisted individual.

Please, have some sympathy. 

3 hours ago, Grateful Pleb said:

In all seriousness I’m surprised the Covid Review hasn’t called for some sort of shrine to Dr G to be erected. We have a statue on the prom to remember the Bee Gees by, but really on a national level they’re unimportant. How many lives has Barry Gibb ever saved? Unlike Dr G who is the only reason why any of us are still living and breathing four years later. I think we should have some sort of statue next to the one of William Hillary on Douglas Head just to remind us that Dr G has saved more Manx lives than the RNLI ever will. 

@Grateful Pleb

I quite agree with your wonderful shrine to Dr G idea. How very public spirited of you. To start it off you need to generate a GOFUNDME page to collect monies to show the gratitude of a grateful nation in some form of art. I'll certainly contribute a bob or two myself. You should have it up and running by close of play today. Go for it!

Errrr you didn't send an anonymous letter to Ashie by chance...? It's just you sound bitter and twisted enough for it to be all your own work...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grateful Pleb said:

We’re all just so SO grateful to you for saving the whole island when you did. I’ve read every word of your 27,000 word attention seeking egomaniacal statement tonight, including references to your therapist to solicit direct sympathy from any reader, and I’d like you to know that I’ve had a nice little clap in my garden just for you tonight. I hope you’re well. God bless you and your therapist and I’m just grateful that I’m still alive just because of you. 

You're a nasty piece of work, aren't you?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan is trotting out IOMGs favourite mantra ‘lessons will be learned’ yet again. Sadly he and they won’t learn, given an opportunity they will repeat things over again. He is also trotting out how IOMG need time to digest the findings and recommendations. Surely they would have known some of them were predicted and mitigated steps taken to address those areas of concern?

To be honest, after the attached report from 3FM came out yesterday evening, I was expecting even more of a whitewash. Very Churchill and jolly hockey sticks.

Screenshot_20240109-114750_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Surely the time to learn lessons was when Abbotswood residents were all dying?

Yet now we are only just being told that "lessons will be learned". How many years does it take?

As long as it takes an MHK to work out his/her chances of reelection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

To be honest, after the attached report from 3FM came out yesterday evening, I was expecting even more of a whitewash. Very Churchill and jolly hockey sticks.

Screenshot_20240109-114750_Samsung Internet.jpg

But it's right to a large extent.  There really was a tremendous grassroots efforts to get things right from the public and individuals like Rachel Glover, wanting to bring particular skills and knowledge.  What should also be added is that there was also a tremendous effort from the Government the dismiss this because nothing mattered to a lot of the people in charge other than that they should stay completely in charge and make all the decisions, no matter how badly-informed, spiteful, incompetent or even deadly the results would be.  And that most of their effort and vast expense since has gone into incompetently covering up that fact.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

There are some interesting items around the emergency powers act in the witness interviews.  Alf implies he didn't know that HQ had gone to the governor to invoke the act, and even deliberately missed the vote in comin to ratify the decision. ChrisT also abstained.

If the treasury minister wasn't consulted before HQ ran to the governor, then who was?

Screenshot_2024-01-09-14-23-25-50_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

There are some interesting items around the emergency powers act in the witness interviews.  Alf implies he didn't know that HQ had gone to the governor to invoke the act, and even deliberately missed the vote in comin to ratify the decision. ChrisT also abstained.

If the treasury minister wasn't consulted before HQ ran to the governor, then who was?

Screenshot_2024-01-09-14-23-25-50_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

The AG??

Just now, cissolt said:

Probably, seems strange that HQ would take it to the governor before speaking to comin, feels dictatorish.

And who told Quayle that Emergency Powers even existed and that he should invoke them?

16 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Probably, seems strange that HQ would take it to the governor before speaking to comin, feels dictatorish.

Not really.  If I was in CoMin the first question I would ask of the Chief Minister and the AG is: "Have you spoken the Governor about this?".  There are all sorts of legal and constitution niceties to be observed.  But the final decision should have been made by CoMin and constantly reviewed by them.  You do rather get the impression they had no idea what they were doing though - in every sense of the phrase. 

• Like 2

Reading through Alfs statement earlier he seems to have disdain towards needing to have a properly funded public health team. 'its as well funded as it needs to be'

His comment about their role being to tell people to eat two apples a day and eat broccoli explains why we have a remote/part time head of public health.

Also telling is the lack of appreciation of the affect COVID has had on peoples mental health and his refusal to not only acknowledge it's an issue but refusing to fund improved mental health services.

Screenshot_2024-01-09-19-11-24-73_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.thumb.jpg.169ad4c2fe6793879dae9f757f53a98c.jpg