IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

'Got a cold but i did a test and its not covid so i'll go see me gran'

Not if you have symptoms, same as before COVID was even talked about.  Which is exactly what I am saying.  Test is irrelevant and in many cases doesn’t seem to pick anything up until several days after symptoms started anyway.

Well done on spectacularly missing the point again.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Not if you have symptoms, same as before COVID was even talked about.  Which is exactly what I am saying.  Test is irrelevant and in many cases doesn’t seem to pick anything up until several days after symptoms started anyway.

Well done on spectacularly missing the point again.

Talking of missing the point, I’m pretty sure the Teapot is agreeing with you

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

In which case I apologise.  It read to me as the opposite.

Any need for the name calling?

You might not actually have been name calling, but suggesting someone has ‘spectacularly’ missed the point, is basically calling them a halfwit so I’d say it’s equally offensive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangeBrew said:

You might not actually have been name calling, but suggesting someone has ‘spectacularly’ missed the point, is basically calling them a halfwit so I’d say it’s equally offensive.

Fair enough.

In which case I apologise again

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, De nada said:

Why not try to think twice about what you write before posting it.

Saves on meaningless apologies...

Easy enough to misinterpret something a  bit vague isn’t it?

Mistake made, error admitted and apology offered.  What’s the issue?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

That reads like the usual Chris Thomas lucidity. Do we have an interpreter ?

It's particularly bad when you see it written down, isn't it?  When you hear it, you automatically edit it to get the gist.  But it's also quite interesting if not surprising.

Rather than sitting down and considering the medical and scientific evidence, many in CoMin decided that the best way to deal with a worldwide pandemic was to strike dramatic gesture and naughty Mr Covid would immediately shrivel up and vanish.  Chris Thomas rightly identifies this as Churchill Syndrome where politicians (usually male, usually Boomers) think that all you need to do to win a war is make a few defiant speeches and everything you want will magically happen.  Johnson and co were obviously similarly deluded.  (Churchill himself obviously knew better).

Obviously when you look at the CoMin from early March (Quayle, Cannan, Ashford, Boot, Skelly, Harmer, Cregeen, Allinson, Thomas) only the last two plus possibly Harmer would have any idea how to consider medical and scientific evidence, or even pronounce it.  So this was probably the limit of their abilities anyway.  But it's fun to try to work out who the third would-be Winston was (after Quayle and Ashford) and who the fourth one was as well with a different agenda.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Avacado said:

And that because of that he just wanted to bugger off home and protect his family rather than listen to a load of jingoistic waffle from idiots and no scientific evidence. 

And who can blame him.  I also like the fact that he had to nag them to set up Teams as it didn't seem to have occurred to them that minimising personal contact might be a good idea in a pandemic.

• Like 1