IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I agree with you. However, in hindsight, that was BBC, in addition, the consultants and doctors all complained of being full, lack of beds, to many cases. Yet the multi million pound Nightingale hospitals were virtually unused. If there were really that many serious cases, we would have seen them used extensively, even if only for convalescence. 

No the Nightingale hospitals were mostly unused because there was no one to staff them.  So people died in overcrowded hospitals or at home or in nursing homes.

Like so much else during Covid it was all about making big dramatic gestures and giving contracts to the right people.  If anything they took away some people who could have helped more effectively elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No the Nightingale hospitals were mostly unused because there was no one to staff them.  So people died in overcrowded hospitals or at home or in nursing homes.

Like so much else during Covid it was all about making big dramatic gestures and giving contracts to the right people.  If anything they took away some people who could have helped more effectively elsewhere.

That is kind of my point. If the Nightingale hospitals had been required, they would have found the staff. For convalescence purposes, all that would have been required is a handful of auxiliary nurses (of which there is no shortage) and one qualified sister or junior doctor per shift. This would have half emptied the hospitals and allowed serious cases to be treated.

The nursing home debacle was complete incompetence. 

52 minutes ago, Anyone said:

I think it’s time to stop getting Covid boosters. I’m not a conspiracy person and have had 5 of the buggers now. Makes me feel worse than flu. Flu jab I get zero adverse reaction. God knows what is in the Covid jab?

From what I am told the Covid Vax is very different to the flu jab

Flu jab gives you a mild dose of the current flu virus doing the rounds

A Covid jab does not work that way, not sure how it works 100% but it does not give you a small dose of Covid AFAIK

It works some other way - Must involve microchips and Microsoft Windows 12

3 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Flu jab gives you a mild dose of the current flu virus doing the rounds

Not necessarily. There are live ( attenuated-weakened ) nasal spray ( which won’t give you flu ) and the jabs which are an inactive ( dead virus ).

Both they, and Covid vax, work by “training” your immune system to recognise the virus, or aspects of it, and develop anti bodies.

44 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Not necessarily. There are live ( attenuated-weakened ) nasal spray ( which won’t give you flu ) and the jabs which are an inactive ( dead virus ).

Both they, and Covid vax, work by “training” your immune system to recognise the virus, or aspects of it, and develop anti bodies.

I hoped you would post a clarification.  Obviously the "experts" will now come on to tell you how wrong you are.

17 hours ago, Banker said:

Some of the WhatsApp messages in Uk cabinet are very revealing. Wonder if we’ll see similar with Howard calling Ashford useless & Ranson a panicker!!

Ashford struggled to check his own emails,  I assume that any digital shredding has already taken place.

Didn't they wipe Dr Ransons phone?  My accident of course

On 9/29/2023 at 5:07 PM, Anyone said:

I think it’s time to stop getting Covid boosters. I’m not a conspiracy person and have had 5 of the buggers now. Makes me feel worse than flu. Flu jab I get zero adverse reaction. God knows what is in the Covid jab?

I won’t be having any more. I don’t have flu jabs either. 

• Like 2