IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

36 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's particularly bad when you see it written down, isn't it?  When you hear it, you automatically edit it to get the gist.  But it's also quite interesting if not surprising.

Rather than sitting down and considering the medical and scientific evidence, many in CoMin decided that the best way to deal with a worldwide pandemic was to strike dramatic gesture and naughty Mr Covid would immediately shrivel up and vanish.  Chris Thomas rightly identifies this as Churchill Syndrome where politicians (usually male, usually Boomers) think that all you need to do to win a war is make a few defiant speeches and everything you want will magically happen.  Johnson and co were obviously similarly deluded.  (Churchill himself obviously knew better).

Obviously when you look at the CoMin from early March (Quayle, Cannan, Ashford, Boot, Skelly, Harmer, Cregeen, Allinson, Thomas) only the last two plus possibly Harmer would have any idea how to consider medical and scientific evidence, or even pronounce it.  So this was probably the limit of their abilities anyway.  But it's fun to try to work out who the third would-be Winston was (after Quayle and Ashford) and who the fourth one was as well with a different agenda.

Certainly Ashie was in the Churchill camp.... we know that because at one point when he was 'online' from home he had several Churchill books on the shelf behind him!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Henrietta was very spikey throughout her interview!  Especially as she decided to go on holiday at the start of the pandemic.

No mention of Ashfords claim that Dr Glovers 'codes' were copied by simply looking over her shoulder? Or was that matter settled out of court?

4 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Henrietta was very spikey throughout her interview!  Especially as she decided to go on holiday at the start of the pandemic.

No mention of Ashfords claim that Dr Glovers 'codes' were copied by simply looking over her shoulder? Or was that matter settled out of court?

Ashford claiming to not know the steampacket staff we're not isolating..... But evidence from his own mailbox comes back to bite him

Screenshot_2024-01-08-15-25-37-41_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Avacado said:

In her own words there was never any legal action. 

C0EA5B0A-CEF0-4387-AF15-5295BA813759.jpeg

Personally, I found the finding of the Review that The [shredded] Letter had been "staged" was far more interesting (pg 1489 of the main doc if you're interested). He tries to get out of saying "who" wrote it in his transcribed evidence too. Even when the Review offer to talk to whoever wrote it in absolute confidence to protect their identity (pg 161 of Mr Ashfords verbal transcript). 

You should probably read my written evidence (it's only 27k words) starting at page 926 of the interview transcripts documents. Might open your eyes a little more regarding my involvement.

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Personally, I found the finding of the Review that The [shredded] Letter had been "staged" was far more interesting (pg 1489 of the main doc if you're interested). He tries to get out of saying "who" wrote it in his transcribed evidence too. Even when the Review offer to talk to whoever wrote it in absolute confidence to protect their identity (pg 161 of Mr Ashfords verbal transcript)

Thanks Rachel.  I have just read through your evidence, I had known from the pac hearings some of what you had gone through but it sounds like your treatment was a lot worse than we know. 

Sorry you had to go through this, you could have easily sat out and not tried to help. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, cissolt said:

Thanks Rachel.  I have just read through your evidence, I had known from the pac hearings some of what you had gone through but it sounds like your treatment was a lot worse than we know. 

Sorry you had to go through this, you could have easily sat out and not tried to help. 

There have been plenty of tears today. Most of them utter relief at being vindicated and believed after almost four years of crap. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Certainly Ashie was in the Churchill camp.... we know that because at one point when he was 'online' from home he had several Churchill books on the shelf behind him!

The nodding dog from the Insurance ads I assume? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Avacado said:

I answered the above question which was all as it provided helpful context. I don’t see why anyone needs to make a 27,000 word deposition to any enquiry. 

The report is over 1 million words. Glover's contribution is less than 3%. If you do not see why the contribution was made, just make a fast-read through that part of the report. That should be enough to give you an idea of how things were.

The report stating that the letter was "staged", was just a euphemism. The average ManxForumer would simply say that he lied.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The report stating that the letter was "staged", was just a euphemism. The average ManxForumer would simply say that he lied.

The report is far less damning on this point than might have been implied. Saying it was "staged" is very far removed from saying it was "forged".

Edited by Sheldon
ETA: Although, for the avoidance of doubt, I very much suspect it was indeed forged.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

You may smirk. The Old Warrior had his wilderness years on the scrapheap too, ignored and forgotten, just waiting for the call in his country's hour of need.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Avacado said:

I answered the above question which was all as it provided helpful context. I don’t see why anyone needs to make a 27,000 word deposition to any enquiry. 

Depends on how much you have to say.  Not sure of your point really. 

20 minutes ago, woolley said:

You may smirk. The Old Warrior had his wilderness years on the scrapheap too, ignored and forgotten, just waiting for the call in his country's hour of need.

Ye gods, I hope not!

• Haha 1

The Education section makes interesting reading. Useless Minister, hopeless CEO, no planning and schools left to muddle through at very short notice with inadequate IT provision and support. The efforts of heads and teachers commended. Banker will be choked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, woolley said:

The return of the king?

When did Kevin Willson get involved with the whole covid thing?  He seems to feature pretty heavily.

IMG-20240103-WA0035.jpg

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

The report is far less damning on this point than might have been implied. Saying it was "staged" is very far removed from saying it was "forged".

I don't know if it was "forged", but I can well imagine it was laminated. 

• Haha 1