"99" Vigilantes slash Mr Whippy's Wheels in Peel

Manx Bean

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Last Ten said:

Does this mean all the other places in Peel like the Kiosks on the Prom and Breakwater and the guy who sells sea food near the bridge can open??

He who sells seafood upon the sea shore has got just the right plaice. Providing he doesn't try to cod anyone, he can turbot-charge his sales and eel end up basking in the praise. As a sole trader he just needs to mullet over, stay away from the loan sharks, stretch the queue out in a conger, not try to fillet, ignore the ha-wrassement, don't get too gobie, and ignore those who carp about the prices, and If the rozzers turn up, tell em his name is Pike.

Its all a bit silly really. The covid stasi at work again. He could've been open throughout and chose not to (presumably as he'd have few customers). He chose to open again and its like the four horsemen have just rode into town. In Ramsey, Conor Cummins had the temerity to try and open his coffee shop for takeaway only and he was met with a barrage of abusive messages which led him to remain closed. Its all a bit sad really. I guess people like the excitement of committing criminal damage. I'm a little more vanilla.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I've always found Ian Davidson okay, is this the usual Nanx Crabs at work here? 

Not this time. He's got previous and, for reasons that I'm not prepared to say too much about he is intensly disliked by most who have had dealings with him. He doesn't help his cause either. Big mouth, lack of humility, unwilling to accept when he is wrong and unable to take responsibility when he does.  These things add up. And Peel people don't forget.

15 hours ago, piebaps said:

Its all a bit silly really. The covid stasi at work again. He could've been open throughout and chose not to (presumably as he'd have few customers). He chose to open again and its like the four horsemen have just rode into town. In Ramsey, Conor Cummins had the temerity to try and open his coffee shop for takeaway only and he was met with a barrage of abusive messages which led him to remain closed. Its all a bit sad really. I guess people like the excitement of committing criminal damage. I'm a little more vanilla.

I saw someone on Facebook trying to argue that take-away food shops were an essential service (clearly can't cook!) but at the same time found it abhorrent that Davison's could re-open even with social distancing measures in place.  

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

I saw someone on Facebook trying to argue that take-away food shops were an essential service (clearly can't cook!) but at the same time found it abhorrent that Davison's could re-open even with social distancing measures in place.  

Yeah but you seem to be forgetting people are...well...morons

9 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

LOL - the reality was that he didn't have to close in the first place. 

21 minutes ago, piebaps said:

LOL - the reality was that he didn't have to close in the first place. 

I grow tired of pointing that out to people that some places chose to close 

Archived