Fancy a pint?

PaulJ

Howie did say the 1m sd will be guidance and if you want to share a table with someone you know and get closer then that's upto you, table service in pubs will be a problem, extra costs for staff etc and big delays on getting your pint.

If we stay clear of covid till the 29th, we may see some further relaxations, unless of course some clowns organise an illegal mass gathering between now and then and an asymptomatic spreader starts it all off again.

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Howie did say the 1m sd will be guidance and if you want to share a table with someone you know and get closer then that's upto you, table service in pubs will be a problem, extra costs for staff etc and big delays on getting your pint.

I dont know I think table service could work I dont see it costing anymore money the staff instead of standing behind the bar will just be on the floor taking orders and hmgetting the drinks 

I’ll be giving shops a miss unless I need food. But will be giving all other shops , pubs , restaurants etc a total miss whilst this police state control thing persists. Why on earth would you want to bother , so I won’t. Doubt I’m alone. I’m no even back there yet and even where I am is more relaxed than Stasi IOM.

2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I’ll be giving shops a miss unless I need food. But will be giving all other shops , pubs , restaurants etc a total miss whilst this police state control thing persists. Why on earth would you want to bother , so I won’t. Doubt I’m alone. I’m no even back there yet and even where I am is more relaxed than Stasi IOM.

There is no police state control thing going on. Obviously you not being here means you have no idea how things are on the ground.

Although judging by your posts maybe i should be telling you yeah its awful, don't come back.

25 minutes ago, Wilson said:

And I have plenty people on the ground telling me how things are on the ground over there. After 40 years  on your Island years I kinda understand your comment and it reflects badly on you and those like you. 

The point of the comment was that most of us are trying to be pretty positive about the whole situation, having had major changes temporarily forced upon us, and are getting on with things, and to have blatant untruths about the situation being spread by people who aren''t even here and therefore cannot possibly know for sure is not at all helpful. I hope you kinda understand it a bit better now.

49 minutes ago, Wilson said:

On the contrary, the pubs have been wonderful for the last couple of months. Sadly all that will end when they let the riffraff back in.