6 weeks in jail, mental

Mr Newbie

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Maybe ask the people who met him to buy stuff, who presumably will now have to self isolate for 14 days and there wider family members who’ll in turn will be affected i know I wouldn’t be happy, it may seem a harsh sentence but it is the right one to stop other idiots doing the same he got what he deserved.

They won't have to self isolate 

8 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Why would they be made up?

This is fairly basic stuff.  They are going to ask the bloke who he came into contact with for any sustained period of time.

The answer was probably hardly anyone.

I have never seen any contact tracing, put before the courts on any of the other cases, for breaking coronvirus restrictions.

Did this add to the persons sentencing?

I just thought it was odd.

Just now, Holte End said:

I have never seen any contact tracing, put to the courts on any of the other people jailed for breaking coronvirus restrictions.

Did this add to the persons sentencing?

I just thought it was odd.

Contract tracing is just a standard line.  

I'm not sure anyone has actually been prosecuted for the offence of returning from the UK and  not self isolating and being caught blatantly breaking the rules?

The people sent to prison were simply on island serial offenders who broke on island rules.  I think there was one idiot who held a party when he had coronavirus though so one would assume they would have to contract trace there.

Anyone returning from the UK is assumed to have coronavirus so clearly anyone caught interacting with people would see contract tracing mentioned.

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What's been swept under the carpet and why wouldn't the newspapers report it?

There is nothing about the 3 policemen/women being fined because they probably weren't.   They were no doubt spoken to like every single other person caught the first time.

Errrm...it’s been officially stated by the Police after a FOI request that three officers were fined, so I don’t see where you’re coming from? Given that fact, I find it surprising that it was only mentioned once in local media, in a newspaper, and not online in any news outlets- presumably because the government don’t want negative news like this to be broadcast past the IOMs borders. 

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Well this is what I thought which is why I was questioning this big conspiracy about fines being dished out and covered up.

Where is that info?

In the other thread. Derek confirms it. And yet it hasn’t been mentioned in the press, hence ‘cover up’. 

5 hours ago, Mr Newbie said:

Here we go again. So when several coppers were issued fines for being out and about we jail a man for 6 weeks for selling stuff out of his garage who didn’t actually leave his own home. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-53100693

The Isle of Man .. Where you can .. (do fuck all without being arrested) 

Plenty of people were selling items during the period of lockdown, I thought providing social distancing was adhered to it was acceptable? How’s buying a second hand item any different than using a shopping trolley that other people have handled? 

6 weeks prison is madness, he’s at a higher risk of possibly infecting people by being moved between police/court/prison than staying in his own home.

Archived