Budget today

NoTail

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

In his speech today Skelly said "19th March first case on the Isle of Man; 1st April first death on the Island. stop. pause" thus reading out his cue to stop and pause. Simply amazing.

One could argue the words were an instruction to the listener, but maybe I am being too charitable. If you listen to the whole speech, it was very flowery and pseudo statesmanlike with references to the motto around the Three Legs of Man and stuff like that, and obviously all scripted. I'm sure Lawrence isn't too bothered, it's not that big a deal, but if he is maybe the mechanism whereby the Hansard editor can be persuaded to break the machine just for those few seconds - à la Eddie and the Towel Heads

MP3 here: 20200721 LS MHK STOP THINK 01.mp3

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

In his speech today Skelly said "19th March first case on the Isle of Man; 1st April first death on the Island. stop. pause" thus reading out his cue to stop and pause. Simply amazing.

But not remotely surprising - he's an imbecile. I was told Quayle did it too when speaking at a business dinner not so long ago.

He's there now

Perhaps he was out getting measured for his Jolly Green Giant outfit now that his government is going for a "safe, green, digital island"

The only green thing I'd associate him with are the green fields he tried to have concrete covered

5 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Comments made by members that they only had a couple of hours to digest the strategy & are then expected to vote on it

That sounds vaguely familiar. Didn't the same thing happen with the last Budget or maybe the one before?

"Here's the Budget chaps, no need for any debate, you don't need to know anything, just vote it through".

4 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Were there more prompts further down like sit down on seat or check shoelaces? 

41 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

In thought the formation of a recovery group was interesting. Would this not be the job of DFE?

It would appear not

There was also talk of an economic development agency, which was what DfE was supposed to be in the first place

Archived