Organized Crime Targeting Island

Dirty Buggane

If our naive mhks take there collective buried heads out of the sand this rock has a bigger drug problem than they realise, some of us who have been around a lot longer cast you mind back 25/30/40 /50years ago how many druggies do you remember, outside the few smoking weed not many I’d bet on hard stuff now fast forward to today’s times it’s everywhere and I’d bet that most people know someone whose life has been ruined by drugs. So if I sat in Tinpotty land I’d be pushing to cut the C.S bloat and cut out deadwood ( indeed some working within the Gov predicted which skivers would come out of the woodwork during covid ) and replace some of that spend with sniffer dogs permanently based at the airport and ferry terminal with an extra one floating around for the post office and other ports checking incoming pleasure craft, fishing vessels, coasters also all fast ribs/ speedboats to be fitted with marine trackers so there’s no chance of moonlight drug drops around the quieter parts of our coast. It’s not going to stop completely but it’ll certainly cut supply chain drastically.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

If our naive mhks take there collective buried heads out of the sand this rock has a bigger drug problem than they realise, some of us who have been around a lot longer cast you mind back 25/30/40 /50years ago how many druggies do you remember, outside the few smoking weed not many I’d bet on hard stuff now fast forward to today’s times it’s everywhere and I’d bet that most people know someone whose life has been ruined by drugs. So if I sat in Tinpotty land I’d be pushing to cut the C.S bloat and cut out deadwood ( indeed some working within the Gov predicted which skivers would come out of the woodwork during covid ) and replace some of that spend with sniffer dogs permanently based at the airport and ferry terminal with an extra one floating around for the post office and other ports checking incoming pleasure craft, fishing vessels, coasters also all fast ribs/ speedboats to be fitted with marine trackers so there’s no chance of moonlight drug drops around the quieter parts of our coast. It’s not going to stop completely but it’ll certainly cut supply chain drastically.

What are you on?

12 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I hope to god this is not true. After the way opportunist burglers ran rings around the local keystone cops, Nobody's gold fillings will be safe.

How can you tell if a local is selling drugs, That will be the guy driving round in the new £40,000 pound car whilst claiming job seekers

This article in the oily rag is basically Gary Roberts via Creggeen, angling yet again for changes to the Common Travel Area of which the island belongs. Plod wants us to carry passports and be subjected to endless security checks both here and at Liverpool and Heysham. This originally arose during the burglary spree 3/4 years agu, with Gary Roberts then pleading for endless checks. In the meantime none of those burgularies were solved, and there were no convictions.

It's not the supply so much as the demand that's the problem. As a very broad generalisation (I haven't got the time), when I was a kid it was mostly just the recreation of hippy students and the Dogs Home crowd. The gear was usually fairly innocuous stuff and it was far from a social problem. Little harm was done and people got on with their lives. But things have changed. There's a whole army of kids out there now who think drugs are cool and exciting; who respect no authority whether parental, school or the law; and who feel empowered to make their own decisions and judgements. For many of them, drugs are their right, their freedom, their identity and their choice. When you've got demand like this the supply will always find a way. 

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The 'organised crime gangs' aren't doing a very good job of getting drugs here at the moment. Or I know the wrong people.

It’s drugs being sent here by post which is causing problems, and being caught out.

As I have said previously this statement is Gary Roberts having yet another hissy fit or tantrum, to try and change policy.

The postal system can't handle the demand, it's too risky. There was another one nicked the other day getting a kilo of weed sent to them the other day. Doesn't matter how well you package a kilo of weed, it'll still stink. Sending buds through the post is just asking for trouble. I'd imagine a few grams of heron or coke at a time well packaged would get through, but the bigger the amount the higher the risk. Can't imagine these scary criminal gangs are going to be happy taking the loss, so they're unlikely to be trying that hard. 

12 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

The article is just stating the obvious, that the Merseyside drug gangs are targeting the island as they have been doing over the past decade. Supplying a demand, same as any other NW provincial town/area. The only 'news' is that they have had to be a little more creative with their importation methods. Slow news week, but at least it is not directly a Covid story.

Yep. The self-styled most decent city on Earth seems to supply the entire planet. If you see a drugs raid story anywhere, Aberdeen, Exeter, or on the Med, always seems to be "a local man and a man from Merseyside have been arrested". Our misfortune that it's our closest UK city.

2 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Totally agree. And draconian sentences for those still chancing their arm - amputation at the wrist. Should make them stop and think a little. Either that, or face totally the other way with complete decriminalisation and tax it supplied through official sources to pay for the resultant health issues. This removes the profit motive, and the dodgy batches of talcum powder or worse, and we can see what we're dealing with. We've spent too long on half measures that don't work.

Huge parts of Liverpool have become like Britain's equivalent of Detroit. A post-industrial wasteland of unemployment, poverty, poor housing, industrial scale drug dealing, armed gangs, a failed education system, broken families and communities, failed local politics, etc.

It's a shame to see it. In the 1960s Liverpool was one of the greatest cities in the country. Still a vibrant port, loads of industry, great nightlife, shopping, The Beatles, two wonderful football teams (and Shankly), culture galore, a first class University, loads of Scouse cheek and optimism, etc. The best thing they've got now is a German football manager.  

Well one obvious answer is to de-crimalise it all! 

Everyone can get hold of whatever they want whenever they want it even with it being illegal.  So whats the point?  I don't think anyone who wants drugs would decide not to because its illegal. Infact it probably adds to the cool factor, because it is illegal and you're being rebellious. 

If it was legalised then there would be no need for criminals to bring it in. 

Also tax it etc etc. 

Alcohol and Tobacco are far worse and interestingly this new generation seem to have less of an interest in both. 

Archived