Douglas North

Did anybody hear Wannenburgers interview at the end of Mannin Line today?

Jesus fucking christ he sounded like a lost child speaking to the Tesco manager. 

A man seriously, seriously without a plan. 

"AllLllLL AbOoaAAAARddDD tHeeee gRAavYYY tRaaIInnNNNNN !!!!!"

Also a brother of one of the Government's most senior legal practitioners isn't he? I'd expect him to be a bit more articulate. 

"The current government hav dun some fings good and sum fings bad" 

"keepin peepul safe dey did good with dat in da pandemic"

"but sum things are bad...like da meet plant....but i won't get into that" 

Electioneering or WHAT

Edited by Hugh G Rection
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Screenshot_20210818-130120_Chrome.jpg

What has changed since the good sir offered his advice..? 

Absolutely nothing. The above criticism could also apply to the politicos sitting in Tynpotwald and our Civil Servants, who our Politicos ultimately report to. 

On 7/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, Apple said:

Ashford putting up Nursing Home fees next week in Tynwald.

"If approved by Tynwald, the Regulations will increase the weekly charge for residing in a nursing home from £882.63 to £909.23. In addition, the weekly charge for being absent from a nursing home for 6 weeks or less is increased from £722.40 to £727.37. 

The increased charges will come in to operation on 1 August 2021."

Not a popular move I would suggest with relatives.

In all fairness do you think Ashford, HRH The Chief Minister or DHSC/Manx Care give a toss? The Great Manx Public will merely doff their caps and believe the bullshit what’s presented to them. 

Have to say I am a little bit unsure about this fB post by a local business.

Is giving away half your salary (for the first 12 months) a genuine attempt to help others or just a way to make sure that getting just under £300k over five years is a safer bet than holding out for the full £325k

Maybe I am just becoming more suspicious of people as I get older and he genuinely is trying to do his bit?

”DOUGLAS NORTH CANDIDATE PLEDGES 50% OF SALARY TO CHARITY SHOULD HE BECOME ELECTED!
At Finest.im we are all about the community we live in and the wonderful residents of our Island that make the Isle of Man unbeatable in so many ways.
We recently became aware of a statement made by prospective candidate for the House of Keys election (standing in Douglas North) Mr Kevin Oliphant-Smith   where he has pledged 50% of his salary for his first 12 months as a new MHK (should he become elected) to local charity.  
In these times of hardship for so many this is in our opinion is  a remarkable and selfless act and this pledge deserves recognition. The Salary of a MHK we believe from this September sits at a basic of around £65,000 per year.
One of the other candidates standing in Douglas North is the equally as remarkable David Ashford for all his work during office.
As a company we contacted Mr Ashford before our launch to tell him about our company and what we were doing.  Despite Mr Ashford's busy schedule and responsibilities he answered our email within 20 minutes with very positive words of encouragement.
It is important to remember that all registered voters have two votes.
As a Douglas based business we believe Mr Oliphant-Smith and Mr Ashford are quite the dream team for Douglas North, our island and both genuinely deserve to be elected. We wish them them both all  the very best for the future.
#isleofman #Election2021 #dreamteam2021 #douglasnorth

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Declan said:

Oliphant-Smith doesn’t look like he has a pot to piss in. 

Might I be so bold as to suggest someone prepared to give away half of a fairly modest salary, can do so because even half the salary offered is more than they are used to?

Hardly the sign of a successful person IMO.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Might I be so bold as to suggest someone prepared to give away half of a fairly modest salary, can do so because even half the salary offered is more than they are used to?

Hardly the sign of a successful person IMO.   

Says he works in healthcare sector but not sure what role, didn’t he run a cafe previously?