Newson's on the Quay

Ramseyboi

didnt the fuckers knock down a building on woodbourne road for tenuos reasons, while this eyesore will be with us for years to come.

They really are fucking us all over every minute of every day. 

Edited by Weliveinhope
  • Like 1

Could they not do what the Government does and rent in some "Pay to condemn" surveyors" ? did the church not also do this in the North?.  But then again, both failed when the light was shone on them. 🤔

Edited by mollag

1 hour ago, mollag said:

Could they not do what the Government does and rent in some "Pay to condemn" surveyors" ? did the church not also do this in the North?.  But then again, both failed when the light was shone on them. 🤔

like the tram horse stables then.

• Thanks 1

Bargain to be had here. Once Josem and his ilk are let loose of this property problem you’ll see how the establishment will work. New ‘careful’ owners and planning will be bending backwards. 

• Like 3

All that’s wrong with this island am afraid who can blame kelman properties pulling out who I believe we’re willing to invest a few million on the Newsons site, now it’ll remain an eyesore for years also this will now have a negative effect on others to do entrepreneurial projects ( whose going to invest and pay architects ) planning needs real reform, this island is really going down the pan faster than a scratcher up a drainpipe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Weliveinhope said:

didnt the fuckers knock down a building on woodbourne road for tenuos reasons, while this eyesore will be with us for years to come.

They really are fucking us all over every minute of every day. 

One of many sorry examples of our corrupt planning system and architectural vandalism. I wonder who the developer was at Woodbourne Road ? 

15 hours ago, Sheldon said:

The Manx Taxpayers' Alliance is uncharacteristically quiet on this news, so far...

Josem surely must be the worst value for money lobbyist in the history of the island. 

15 hours ago, Sheldon said:

The Manx Taxpayers' Alliance is uncharacteristically quiet on this news, so far...

I distributed the press release that sparked the latest round of reporting, I don't know what else you would expect to be done here.

11 minutes ago, Josem said:

I distributed the press release that sparked the latest round of reporting, I don't know what else you would expect to be done here.

I thought it might have warranted a disappointed article on the, shall we euphemistically call them "foibles", of the IOM planning process. I suppose it's all been done before, though.

• Like 1