Beginning of the end for Boris Johnson

Shake me up Judy

7 hours ago, Declan said:

If the PM thought he was at work meeting when he saw the booze and nibbles, it makes you wonder what all his meetings are like. 

I wonder what he bought to the “bring your own booze “ party. Red wine I would imagine after the sofa soiling incident.

Rees Mogg I am sure would have bought Pimms 

14 hours ago, Lost Login said:

In what way? Most European countries have had less deaths per head of population than the UK. I appreciate that you may have to take the numbers with a pinch of salt but certainly. The UK's GDP growth is forecast to be better that Europe's now but that appears to be a consequence of the UK suffering a bigger dip and not recovering as quickly.   https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2021/12/08/a-most-unusual-recovery-how-the-us-rebound-from-covid-differs-from-rest-of-g7/

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-economy-grows-06-sept-after-weak-summer-ons-2021-11-11/

Yes the UK may be slightly ahead with regard to vaccination but it does not seem to be massively different

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196071/covid-19-vaccination-rate-in-europe-by-country/

Is most of Europe not in some form of lockdown, rioting or requiring covid passes to to get into places?

We (UK) appear to have had none of that since the summer. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Is most of Europe not in some form of lockdown, rioting or requiring covid passes to to get into places?

We (UK) appear to have had none of that since the summer. 

You are appear to think that the UK is just England. You are Jacob Rees Smug and I claim by £5. 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

You are appear to think that the UK is just England. You are Jacob Rees Smug and I claim by £5. 

Haha, fair point.  Edit all of the above to say just England. 

I bloody hate wee Jimmy Kranky Sturgeon.  Putin would probably be preferential up there.  If it wasn't for their oil, I suspect they would have been told to crack on and bugger off.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, manxman1980 said:

One day too late but at least it gets him out of meeting with the media today.

Although I see Jacob Rees-Mogg is now suggesting that the rules imposed at the time were too onerous on everyone...  🙈

Maybe the rules were too onerous for everyone . But they were the rules. For everyone. 

I see No 10 has also had to apologise to the Queen for holding two parties the night before Prince Phillip’s funeral.  It’s the gift that keeps on giving. 

19 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Maybe the rules were too onerous for everyone . But they were the rules. For everyone. 

Agreed.  They were rules for everyone and it is disgusting that the PM, No 10 and his cabinet seem to believe that they are in anyway exempt.

20 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I see No 10 has also had to apologise to the Queen for holding two parties the night before Prince Phillip’s funeral.  It’s the gift that keeps on giving. 

The best bit is that they have said they have made an apology to the Queen but won't actually say what the apology was for.

I mean, its obvious that it was yet another case of rule breaking by No.10 but they are still hiding behind the investigation by the Civil Servant (Sue Hall?).  What is disgusting is that the MET Police still won't investigate because there is no evidence!!  How much more evidence do they want?

I hope everyone who was fined for breaking the lockdown rules now looks to take the Government to Court and have the fines cancelled and repaid.

Boris needs to stay in power. Why should he be allowed to slink off to non exec directorships, book deals and after dinner speeches earning huge amounts of money for doing very little. Let him stay on his PM salary and deal with the consequences of all the things that he has set in motion, such as Brexit.

I also cannot imagine a premier more motivated to rescue his legacy (whether he is capable is another thing altogether) and to be creative and dynamic in his final years as PM.

As a Brucey bonus, if Boris stays in power, England can pretty much rule out any further lockdowns or restrictions as he has zero credibility and the public will tell him to bugger off.   

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

I also cannot imagine a premier more motivated to rescue his legacy (whether he is capable is another thing altogether) and to be creative and dynamic in his final years as PM.

The only thing he is capable of is telling more lies.  Why would anyone trust him on any topic from now on?  There is no way he can be creative or dynamic because he will be so busy defending himself from his other lies coming back to bite him on the arse and an internal Tory Party war to do anything else.

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

As a Brucey bonus, if Boris stays in power, England can pretty much rule out any further lockdowns or restrictions as he has zero credibility and the public will tell him to bugger off.   

If he, and Rees-Mogg, stay in power much longer then England will definitely be on its own.  The SNP will crush the Scottish Conservatives and will make so much noise about Indy Ref 2 that the Tories will have to concede.  There are also increasing complaints from the normally compliant Welsh that they are becoming increasingly unhappy with Governance from Westminster.

Northern Ireland... well, Brexit will result in an almighty mess there and increased pressure for the reunification of Ireland.

As the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party, Johnson could well end up presiding over the break up of the Union.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

The only thing he is capable of is telling more lies.  Why would anyone trust him on any topic from now on?  There is no way he can be creative or dynamic because he will be so busy defending himself from his other lies coming back to bite him on the arse and an internal Tory Party war to do anything else.

If he, and Rees-Mogg, stay in power much longer then England will definitely be on its own.  The SNP will crush the Scottish Conservatives and will make so much noise about Indy Ref 2 that the Tories will have to concede.  There are also increasing complaints from the normally compliant Welsh that they are becoming increasingly unhappy with Governance from Westminster.

Northern Ireland... well, Brexit will result in an almighty mess there and increased pressure for the reunification of Ireland.

As the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party, Johnson could well end up presiding over the break up of the Union.

All reasonable points and definitely worth pondering, my first instinctive gut feeling was that his lying and ineptitude got us here, so let him squirm and try to deliver on his unicorn utopia, although I concede the downside effects may well be felt by all of us and not be worth watching him drown.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

All reasonable points and definitely worth pondering, my first instinctive gut feeling was that his lying and ineptitude got us here, so let him squirm and try to deliver on his unicorn utopia, although I concede the downside effects may well be felt by all of us and not be worth watching him drown.

I wonder if lying to the Queen is regarded as treason... 🤔

5 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

I hope everyone who was fined for breaking the lockdown rules now looks to take the Government to Court and have the fines cancelled and repaid.

I admit to sometimes speeding at 40 mph in a 30 zone and not being caught for it. Does that mean that those who have been caught and fined should have their fines cancelled and repaid?

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I admit to sometimes speeding at 40 mph in a 30 zone and not being caught for it. Does that mean that those who have been caught and fined should have their fines cancelled and repaid?

Did you use emergency legislation to introduce the speed limit?  Did you then proceed to ignore the speed limit because you didn't think it really mattered or that you didn't realise you were driving and instead thought you were walking?