Kopek

17 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It could be that over a year, the rent from permanent residents would outweigh the summer letting and possible winter lets?

If that is a response to my post above, I intended the words "Of course, it makes no difference who applies for the planning change" to be taken with a certain amount of cynicism.

• Haha 1

Can a farmyard be sold off as freehold or would it have to be, as multi units, be leasehold?

Would the owner be prepared to sell freehold, how would the ground be divided? What right of way would have to be written in? Would they want to sell the the Family estate fore ever or retain a hold, altho long term, on that piece of land for the Family for posterity?

Does the above problem affect the sale value? As previously 'Holiday' accommodation, are they mortgageable for permanent occupation?

Of course, there are always those who would buy to rent out as an investment, maybe even those who have had past support from the Govt who may feel obliged to help poor old HQ  out of his predicament???

I have no idea what is actually going on, just putting, or trying to, all sides of a complex problem of rumours and conspiracy theories that could or could not be true with regard the holder of a previously highly placed Govt official???

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

If you are going to sell a holiday accommodation complex to someone else. You will get a lot more money for it selling them off as residential after a planning change than you would selling it off as a holiday cottage business. 

There seems to be an assumption by some that this is a prelude to a sale. I have no idea but it would not surprise me if is was simply to enable them to give longer terms lets if they are not already allowed to do so.  As others have said it appears that it his wife who runs the business and if she is not that well it would make sense to be able to let on a six month or annual basis and not have to go in every week and clean, provide bedding etc.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

There seems to be an assumption by some that this is a prelude to a sale. I have no idea but it would not surprise me if is was simply to enable them to give longer terms lets if they are not already allowed to do so.  As others have said it appears that it his wife who runs the business and if she is not that well it would make sense to be able to let on a six month or annual basis and not have to go in every week and clean, provide bedding etc.

Whilst having seen much of the arguments for or against etc, I would say that if Juan Public wished to do the same thing, I would reckon that they would come up against officialdom like there is no tomorrow. HQ will get whatever he wants whatever and whenever, due to who he was, the old school tie, friends in high places, the local lodge etc. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Whilst having seen much of the arguments for or against etc, I would say that if Juan Public wished to do the same thing, I would reckon that they would come up against officialdom like there is no tomorrow. HQ will get whatever he wants whatever and whenever, due to who he was, the old school tie, friends in high places, the local lodge etc. 

It is an application, nothing has been approved, yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It is an application, nothing has been approved, yet. 

True. I would suggest it would get rubber stamped, rather like Covid support payments. Like a fan who goes weak at the knees when they meet a ‘famous’ person, a celebrity, our civil servants doff their caps at the great and good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

True. I would suggest it would get rubber stamped, rather like Covid support payments. Like a fan who goes weak at the knees when they meet a ‘famous’ person, a celebrity, our civil servants doff their caps at the great and good. 

I thought the great and good were run by civil servants? 

We don't know the motivation, or the outcome.  Who knows what is behind it?  It is one thing to question motivation when someone is in public office, quite another once they are long gone and without knowing why. 

All for scrutiny, but really?  We all know that HQ has had challenges over the past few months, who knows what the reason is?  Does it actually matter?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

If people aren’t well it will likely be about exit value. Which will probably be 100% better with planning for residential. 

any where else he would be taxed on his planning gain ,especially if he used the system to obtain greater value for the land  and property changing from Tourist  related to  full residential , and don't even mention the agricultural grants   a nice little earner if you ask me , there is a smell about this !

25 minutes ago, Omobono said:

any where else he would be taxed on his planning gain ,especially if he used the system to obtain greater value for the land  and property changing from Tourist  related to  full residential , and don't even mention the agricultural grants   a nice little earner if you ask me , there is a smell about this !

Are you sure about tax on the gain?  Normally it is a gain on a sale that is taxed.