Government monitoring FOI requests?

360 View

I'm on the Select Committee charged with setting up (but not being involved in) an independent review of IOMG vs Ranson. The committee is absolutely determined that there shall be no (and no perception of) bias, political interference or cover-up. We'll know more at the end of the year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I'm on the Select Committee charged with setting up (but not being involved in) an independent review of IOMG vs Ranson. The committee is absolutely determined that there shall be no (and no perception of) bias, political interference or cover-up. We'll know more at the end of the year.

Who is/are intended to be carrying out the "independent review" please, Stu?

It can't involve any person involved with Govt or it won't be "independent".

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Who is/are intended to be carrying out the "independent review" please, Stu?

It can't involve any person involved with Govt or it won't be "independent".

Absolutely agree. It is a UK (Leeds) KC called Richard Wright.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Why the delay to the end of the year, waiting for time to dim and cloud memory's. ?

There’s no delay, that’s how long it will take to investigate what has happened, study the tribunal and appeals (including the bundle of evidence) take further evidence, look under the carpet and write a report. I could save us all a lot of money and decide on culpability based on the closeness of people’s eyes and a shifty disposition, but I was born 500 years too late to get away with that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

...look under the carpet...

I hope whoever's in charge of sweeping things under the carpet has been doing so in an organised, compartmentalised fashion, otherwise it will take years (decades) to sort through everything under there to find the relevant bits.

8 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

There’s no delay, that’s how long it will take to investigate what has happened, study the tribunal and appeals (including the bundle of evidence) take further evidence, look under the carpet and write a report. I could save us all a lot of money and decide on culpability based on the closeness of people’s eyes and a shifty disposition, but I was born 500 years too late to get away with that.

Yeah yeah, your talking quietly in corridors. Having a nice chat over a mocha,(other coffee's are available, before you come back with what you think is affable charm) I'm more of a latte man myself. Just how long before this is all in motion, is it six months down the line they trot out due to ill health and unforseen events we will have to delay the out come of the report till later in the year. No mention of what year, maybe after the election when it was not done under our watch is used. Man of the people, walk quietly with a big stick. You are just a sell out, looking towards the pension. You are no solution, You are now part of the problem. 

On 7/17/2023 at 9:37 AM, Dirty Buggane said:

Yeah yeah, your talking quietly in corridors. Having a nice chat over a mocha,(other coffee's are available, before you come back with what you think is affable charm) I'm more of a latte man myself. Just how long before this is all in motion, is it six months down the line they trot out due to ill health and unforseen events we will have to delay the out come of the report till later in the year. No mention of what year, maybe after the election when it was not done under our watch is used. Man of the people, walk quietly with a big stick. You are just a sell out, looking towards the pension. You are no solution, You are now part of the problem. 

Are you drunk? I've answered you already. And again, I won't be getting a Tynwald pension.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

A Sunday news article from manx radio is pretty rare.

There's quite a lot wrong here.  OCSIA refused to comply with the information commissioners notice and willingly refused to restrict access.

Attempts to lock down access to DHSS data failed and the person carried on a subsequent 50+ times 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/dha-has-complied-with-enforcement-notice-from-information-commissioner/

Screenshot_2023-10-22-18-17-15-30_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-22-18-18-57-58_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cissolt said:

A Sunday news article from manx radio is pretty rare.

There's quite a lot wrong here.  OCSIA refused to comply with the information commissioners notice and willingly refused to restrict access.

Attempts to lock down access to DHSS data failed and the person carried on a subsequent 50+ times 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/dha-has-complied-with-enforcement-notice-from-information-commissioner/

Screenshot_2023-10-22-18-17-15-30_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-22-18-18-57-58_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Just WOW