Government monitoring FOI requests?

360 View

10 hours ago, Gladys said:
10 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It doesn’t really matter as unless you’re planning on passing the six month phase and doing the job it’s just free paid consultancy. 

Not sure what you mean.  What is a free paid consultancy?

Reading your exchanges is like watching a scene from Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf!

• Haha 1

Vetting, its quaint to think that you think this government has vetted any one for any position. The only thing required is you met one of the civil service hierarchy whilst on a course(jolly), shared a few flaming sambuca's and was one of the lads/girls. I think that is in all probability Cobbs name was drawn out of an ice bucket of business cards, as there never seams to be any rhyme or reason to most of the candidates appointed to high powered positions. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

A £1 paid up consultancy company that’s done next to nothing in a year

You don’t know what it’s done as they don’t have to file accounts yet.

But it looks as though he’s a self-employed consultant running his consultancy through a limited company. Like most consultants do.

12 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

free paid consultancy.

Can we have that in English please?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harry Lamb said:

I don't think a handcart is a boat :)

No a handcart is a handcart- the phrase comes from a painting. The hell bound can go to hell using any vessel. Although I believe all will be priced out of any commercial flights as the Tribulation makes progress. Cannot say if SpCo and IOMG will have enough fuel reserves to get the Manxman to the Atlantic and then drift in a circle on the currents, when living on land becomes unsafe.

2 hours ago, Malik said:

No a handcart is a handcart- the phrase comes from a painting. The hell bound can go to hell using any vessel. Although I believe all will be priced out of any commercial flights as the Tribulation makes progress. Cannot say if SpCo and IOMG will have enough fuel reserves to get the Manxman to the Atlantic and then drift in a circle on the currents, when living on land becomes unsafe.

Allegedly it is from a sermon of 1626 by Thomas Adams - surprised you don't know that...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Malik ,Harry Lamb, you two make me laugh.(I only wish I could add a Max Headroom manical laugh)

You laugh, I can see that recently jailed drugs gang along with associates running the country in a few years.

3 hours ago, Wake Up Call said:

Any MHKs picking this up?

Most of them are up to their necks in it as well, as Departmental members, I reckon their public contributions will be few and far between. The long favoured policy of staying Schtum and hoping it goes away will be adhered to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Most of them are up to their necks in it as well, as Departmental members, I reckon their public contributions will be few and far between. The long favoured policy of staying Schtum and hoping it goes away will be adhered to.

Where are the Stu Peters and other new MHKs who were going to be a voice.  Sitting with their slippers on! 
where are the pretend disgusted MHKs like Christian and Glover, gone to bed with their ‘teddies’ all cosy having pretended to be disgusted. 

Don't try holding your breath until the MHKs launch into action. At some point during the Ranson debacle, I had a major tantrum/red mist moment and sent an email to every MHK regarding the events.

Two responded: Peters and Wannenburgh.

Mr Peters responded with - "However, one of the first things we’re told as rookie MHKs is that we must stay out of anything that should properly be dealt with by the courts, and that is what I do."

and Mr Wannenburgh responded with - "Please note that I do not agree with the sub judice condition, but, when it is lifted, I will have much to say on this whole torrid situation."

Unfortunately, I do not see that anything significant has since happened, and I do not believe that any MHK has the willingness to do anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Don't try holding your breath until the MHKs launch into action. At some point during the Ranson debacle, I had a major tantrum/red mist moment and sent an email to every MHK regarding the events.

Two responded: Peters and Wannenburgh.

Mr Peters responded with - "However, one of the first things we’re told as rookie MHKs is that we must stay out of anything that should properly be dealt with by the courts, and that is what I do."

and Mr Wannenburgh responded with - "Please note that I do not agree with the sub judice condition, but, when it is lifted, I will have much to say on this whole torrid situation."

Unfortunately, I do not see that anything significant has since happened, and I do not believe that any MHK has the willingness to do anything.

Be interesting to know how many 'all MHK' emails get sent - perhaps @Stu Peters could advise?

I suspect it's quite a few, and many sent under the 'red mist' you describe. If I was a MHK would I respond to something that had been spammed out to 24+ people? Probably not.. to be honest with the type of broadcasted enquiries you are more likely to piss them off and continue endless back and forth correspondence with a response. Now if you spammed it to 24+ civil servants the code would oblige them to respond so maybe that is the way forward.

• Thanks 1