Courtenay Heading again

Cueey Lewis And The News

1 hour ago, finlo said:

Wasn't the crux of the issue that the government moved infected people from Nobles to Abbotswood causing multiple deaths?

35 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

yes

As did the NHS in the UK.

I don't think the UK Covid Inquiry is going to get to the bottom of these issues either...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

As did the NHS in the UK.

I don't think the UK Covid Inquiry is going to get to the bottom of these issues either...

Invariably everyone dies, but this does not prevent humans from needing health and social care services in the meantime - it is human nature to want to keep living. The consequences of the “Abbotswood debacle” extends beyond the tragic deaths of frail individuals who did not need to die in such awful circumstances. There are many reasons why what has unfolded in Abbotswood deserves a thorough investigation:

• There were Public Health procedural failures. The IOM Public Health was following the shambolic UK process/ procedures. If there was ever a strong argument for the ‘learning lessons’ cliché, this is the one. We are still living in ‘interesting’ times with lots of ‘unknown unknowns’. A new pandemic could be around the corner, but next time the symptoms may be fairly innocuous in adult population whilst lethal for babies and toddlers. Will the Public Health Authorities perform any better when dealing with young people versus the old?
  • In her distressing testimony at the PAC Hearing in April 2021, Dr Glover described how the Government officials systematically tried to destroy her reputation. E.g., “DHSC management takes credit for others’ work, slanderous emails from within the Cabinet Office”, etc, etc. The Council of Ministers closed ranks with the Department(s) to deny the theft of her company’s proprietary software. It appears that someone had organised a ‘colleague’ to turn up at Dr Glover’s home uninvitedly and to ask her in no uncertain terms to suck it up or ‘else’. The question marks over Kathryn Magson’s conduct were raised then, but Ashford and the IOMG chose to ignore all of the warnings. Fast forward two years and the Dr Ranson’s case proved that they had gotten things spectacularly wrong.
  • It has been alleged that Kathryn Magson and others in positions of power have behaved appallingly in the Abbotswood’s case. I am not going to regurgitate the contents of the interviews with the ex-Manager, Zandra Lewis - these interviews are easily discoverable with a Google search. In the end, the criminal charges were dropped but the physical and emotional toll this trauma has taken on all of them is on the par with the treatments that both Dr Glover and Dr Ranson received at the hands of the IOM Authorities.

The debates in Tynwald about Abbotswood are likely to come to nothing. When democratic governments behave badly and refuse to own up to their mistakes, one of collateral damage is that they shatter the public’s trust in government institutions and the holders of public office. Unsurprisingly, the characteristic lack of transparency within the IOMG creates a fertile ground for dangerous conspiracy theorists, like Heading, to flourish. The only solution to that are facts and accountability, IMHO.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I've been a bit reticent in replying to this thread, for obvious reasons. 

However, it's fair to say that the press only reported on about 1% of the evidence provided to the Courts (tbf they have a word limit!). The evidence submitted to the court by the prosecution during the trial in January 2024 covered almost 7 YEARS worth of online harassment.

CH's behaviour during his sentencing hearing was abhorrent. He was guilty and he saw his sentencing as his appeal hearing, and he subsequently caused enough trouble that he was at one point threatened with physical re-location to the dock by the High Bailiff, and at a later time in proceedings threatened with physical re-location to the cells. I and a police officer had to sit amongst 6 of his T-shirt-clad acolytes in the viewing area. I'm not sure any of them knew I was there nor recognised me as the victim, which is telling as to their blind ability to follow CH regardless of his impact upon others. They were also vocal in their dislike of the proceedings. 

Many thanks to the police, prosecution and judiciary in this case. 

Today I went to Ramsey. I had a lovely walk with the baby around the harbour, shops and main street. I bought some eggs at the farmers market. It's been almost four years since I was able to do that without fear of being abused in the street by CH. 

Edited by rachomics
spelling
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 8

31 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Today I went to Ramsey. I had a lovely walk with the baby around the harbour, shops and main street. I bought some eggs at the farmers market. It's been almost four years since I was able to do that without fear of being abused in the street by CH. 

It's unacceptable what you have had to put up with from that peculiar fellow. Best of luck to you and the baby. 

Edited by La Colombe
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I see Andy Fenton is ranting on Facebook in essence saying the police should have stopped the Harassment sooner and all it needed was a warning. Honestly the Internet as great as it is really is a dangerous place at times 

He was given a written warning by the police in November 2022. He ignored it for a month and then sent a "two fingers up" email back to the Police in December 2022 saying he was going to "air and share" on Twitter instead. Which he did. Extensively. To the point where I had to install a security system and alarms whilst also dealing with a baby born Feb 23. 

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I see Andy Fenton is ranting on Facebook in essence saying the police should have stopped the Harassment sooner and all it needed was a warning. Honestly the Internet as great as it is really is a dangerous place at times 

Well it's certainly an irony-free zone.

• Haha 3

Heading’s behaviour towards Dr Glover has been  viciously intimidating and unrelenting.

It is outrageous that Dr Glover has been made to feel  unable  visit certain areas of the Island lest she encounter this sort of aggressive perverted  dogma.

With no respite from such obsession, present Jurby inmates who  cite that as a  case for a reduction in their sentences, should be viewed sympathetically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rachomics said:

I've been a bit reticent in replying to this thread, for obvious reasons. 

However, it's fair to say that the press only reported on about 1% of the evidence provided to the Courts (tbf they have a word limit!). The evidence submitted to the court by the prosecution during the trial in January 2024 covered almost 7 YEARS worth of online harassment.

CH's behaviour during his sentencing hearing was abhorrent. He was guilty and he saw his sentencing as his appeal hearing, and he subsequently caused enough trouble that he was at one point threatened with physical re-location to the dock by the High Bailiff, and at a later time in proceedings threatened with physical re-location to the cells. I and a police officer had to sit amongst 6 of his T-shirt-clad acolytes in the viewing area. I'm not sure any of them knew I was there nor recognised me as the victim, which is telling as to their blind ability to follow CH regardless of his impact upon others. They were also vocal in their dislike of the proceedings. 

Many thanks to the police, prosecution and judiciary in this case. 

have the tee shirt acolytes disappeared from outside Ramsey town hall?

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

They weren't there today. But that doesn't mean they won't be there in future. However, without a leader they may be lost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

I'll tell you on Monday, their stint was invariably 8am - 9am weekdays for the commute but their numbers had been dwindling somewhat, from 5 - 6 to 2 or 3 in recent months.

On 3/14/2024 at 8:32 AM, Amadeus said:

IMG_0922.jpeg

What bemuses me about Tim Glover's response is that, while both he and Heading are drawing attention the Government's handling of Abbotswood, presumably they believe entirely different things about it.  Glover presumably believes that DHSC discharged Covid-infected patients there, at least uncaringly and then reacted (to put it mildly) badly.  Heading doesn't believe in Covid so presumably has to explain away all those dead and infected residents by some sort of implausible plot of the sort that only distracts from the actual behaviour of the Government.

Allinson is still being a bit pious in ticking Glover off, I don't think he's really "support and comfort" by telling someone going into prison to "take care".  The problem is the delusional, self-regarding creep didn't do so beforehand.

• Like 2

How the harassment went on for so long is unbelievable and the idea that a warning would suffice is ridiculous, I still think this man has mental problems and sadly unless they are confronted the problem will continue .    He should have been sectioned especially after his behaviour in court his mind is clearly unbalanced.   No one should have to live in fear.