Isle of Man Budget 2024

Maugholdmafia

8 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

I see the silly petition still hasn’t hit a thousand, despite being featured on all the local news social media feeds and being shared extensively on X, Facebook and LinkedIn by the usual moaners.

We also know that not everyone that has signed is even entitled to a vote in a general election.

Sounds like you work for Douglas Council who said the same thing about the bin petition. Who is “we” who claim to know anything about anyone’s actual status other than a clearly deranged man on an irrelevant local forum read by about 10 people? 

Edited by Interested Reader
Typo
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Interested Reader said:

Sounds like you work for Douglas Council who said the same thing about the bin petition. Who is “we” who claim to know anything about anyone’s actual status other than a clearly deranged man on an irrelevant local forum read by about 10 people? 

The more you type: the more you out yourself as the looney who has sent me private messages from about 15 different accounts.

Well done on being able to keep this one active for more than a few hours 😂

2 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

The more you type: the more you out yourself as the looney who has sent me private messages from about 15 different accounts.

Well done on being able to keep this one active for more than a few hours 😂

There’s only one loony here mate 👍

Things were fine when I was interacting with others posters before you started with all the crackers responses at get attention,

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Jason Moorehouse MHK has got a question for the HoK on Tuesday, asking as to what advice was sought in preparation for the Budget? Will be interesting whatever is said. 

Advice from who ? The hard work is done by treasury officers who come up with options to meet income needed and then advice would be taken from CM and other senior ministers by Alex and finally the papers would be discussed in Comin for final advice and input.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Jason Moorehouse MHK has got a question for the HoK on Tuesday, asking as to what advice was sought in preparation for the Budget? Will be interesting whatever is said. 

there is a significant representation of the chamber of commerce sitting on various   government agencies and consultative bodies ,  cant see how they can claim  not to have known  what  the main features of the Budget  were ,   the 2 pence increase  on the 20% was   floated on Manx forums weeks ago , sound like the Tynwald members  and the chamber don't bother to read the small print anymore  or lack attention to detail ,

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I made it to the front-page headline in the print edition. I did not expect that. I could be the Woodward and Bernstein of Ramsey. Still no mention in the byline, though.

20240304_155151-resized.jpg.de9942118a4125fb02740fef9873d389.jpg

Congratulations on your award Adrian.