Central Prom

newaccount

3 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Rather a crass comment under the circumstances.

Is it really? I’d have thought the last thing we need to attract over here is anymore violent or drunk scousers assaulting people. We have more than enough already. 

Edited by Exocet
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So why couldn't the Press release say 'a serious incident occurred at around 10 pm last night on Central Prom outside the Palace Hotel.  A female sustained serious injuries and is in hospital receiving treatment.  A man has been arrested. There is no danger to the public and we ask that you do not speculate.' ?

Another case of WOKE. 

People are too fragile to be told the truth. The police would have to set up a mental health hotline to give counseling and probably pay compensation if they told the truth 

18 minutes ago, Exocet said:

Great that IOM sport attracts such pondlife when we have enough crime of our own. 

For the record.

The Isle of Man used to host a very successful students sports weekend. The town and pubs would be mobbed and they filled the Villa Marina for the end party. Then one of our own said pond life, a female, decided to kick the shit out of one of the students. Unprovoked and for no reason. And there ended the Students Sports Weekend for ever.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

It is understandable if publicising hampers the investigation or if next of kin have yet to be informed. 

What have hampers got to do with it?

This is no picnic, Glad.  🙂

• Haha 2

It looks like people are making assumptions following my earlier post that I knew of a visiting football team from Liverpool that was over for the weekend. I think making those links is likely to be very wrong as an all male trip of guys reliving their earlier visits for the long disbanded Easter football festival. They have been visiting in numbers even after the festival finished. 

14 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It looks like people are making assumptions following my earlier post that I knew of a visiting football team from Liverpool that was over for the weekend.

I’m not making assumptions at all. I believe they were two people over to watch the football. And not from anything I’ve read on this forum. 

10 minutes ago, Exocet said:

I’m not making assumptions at all. I believe they were two people over to watch the football. And not from anything I’ve read on this forum. 

What football and why would they be from Liverpool? If you're referring to the FC IOM game on Monday it's a team from Greater Manchester. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

If the police want to find out what happened they need to alert such people to the possibility as early as possible.

Fantastic point, why not pop into police HQ and tell them this. I’m sure they could do with some tips from Manx Forums on how to investigate a murder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Which is more or less what should have been released, but a few hours earlier.  Rather than being told we should mind our own business as some seem to think.  Still better than six weeks time I suppose.

One minor bit of John Wright-style geographical pedantry.  Rather than "passing through the Villa Marina Arcade" I suspect they actually went along the Villa Marina Colonnade.  There has been a tendency to blur the two, but in this case it's confusing (I thought "What were they doing in there?") and if it was the Arcade there would be different potential witnesses. 

40 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Another case of WOKE. 

People are too fragile to be told the truth. The police would have to set up a mental health hotline to give counseling and probably pay compensation if they told the truth 

Aaaand there's the dumbest thing I've read on the Internet today.

I have however only just logged on, so plenty of time to top that one. Perhaps "The Police are too woke for not instantly beating the suspect to death" or "The Victim deserved it for wearing an England shirt with that Woke badge on it".

Carry on. Just waiting to see you top that one. 

• Haha 1

From the incident until the full press release took 15 hours. I can’t see how that could have been bettered.

Fast moving crime scene. 

999 call. Police and paramedics get to Palace. Paramedics attempt to save life, stabilise and get victim to hospital.

Police secure area, search for and preserve evidence, identify and speak to witness. Other police set up diversion and liaise with IoM Transport. A brief statement about closure of the prom gets issued.

Suspect is detained. Transported to HQ. Serious Crimes will have been called in. Scenes of Crimes officers. Custody will have had to call out FME, possibly forensic team for search and preservation of clothing.

Detained person is allowed rest period, sleep, under PPP codes.

in meantime there’ll have been at least one officer at hospital reporting back into the investigation and preserving evidence.

Not much time to get a full statement out.

The problem is that we expect rolling news 24/7 because we live in the media age.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

One minor bit of John Wright-style geographical pedantry.  Rather than "passing through the Villa Marina Arcade"

It’s not pedantry, really. You’re right, Arcade is closed at that time of night. So few police are Manx, or familiar with where things take place.

When I’m up at the police station advising a detained person I get a pre interview briefing. It’s not much, often inadequate, but at least half the time it’s clear the location of events being conveyed is wrong.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Barlow said:

For the record.

The Isle of Man used to host a very successful students sports weekend. The town and pubs would be mobbed and they filled the Villa Marina for the end party. Then one of our own said pond life, a female, decided to kick the shit out of one of the students. Unprovoked and for no reason. And there ended the Students Sports Weekend for ever.

What happened then?

I played for an IoM team during the Easter sports "festival" back in the 70s when I was still at school.  I've often wondered why it doesn't seem to happen any more.  The only thing that still seems to be happening is a running festival.

Are you sure it was a students sports weekend?  The two teams I was involved in playing against certainly weren't made up of students(!).

(Does the Whit sports "festival" still go on?)

1 minute ago, Ghost Ship said:

What happened then?

I played for an IoM team during the Easter sports "festival" back in the 70s when I was still at school.  I've often wondered why it doesn't seem to happen any more.  The only thing that still seems to be happening is a running festival.

Are you sure it was a students sports weekend?  The two teams I was involved in playing against certainly weren't made up of students(!).

(Does the Whit sports "festival" still go on?)

There were a variety of sports festivals, at Easter and Whit. Football, Hockey and students.

Fewer sailings, at less convenient times, less accommodation.