What is the story with the Post?

Manxweegie

As per title what is going on with the Post to the Isle of Man?

In the last 4 weeks I have sent the following:

1  x Birthday Card - sent 12th March - delivered 22nd March.

3 x Pregnancy Announcement Cards - sent 06th March - 2 delivered 19th March and 1 delivered 29th March.

1 x Birthday Card - sent 25th March - delivered 05th April.

Can anyone on the Island give me any insight to what is going on because it is ridiculous to try and post, so I can not imagine what is like for you locals trying to post and await deliveries! 

Post I sent from IOM on Monday 25th March to Gloucestershire and Devon  was delivered on the Wednesday and Thursday that week .perfect.

Post that was sent from Gloucestershire on Friday 22nd March to me in Douglas arrived yesterday( Thurs 4th April) Hopeless service . If queried the IOM post Office blamed the post service from the UK and vice versa if you query it in the UK . 

Problem lies with Royal Mail, not IoMPO. Huge and well-documented problems.

IoMPO does not have the facilities or space to "hoard" mail and delivers what arrives to the island from UK on the same or the next day wherever possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't have any issues with stuff sent here 1st or packet/parcel.  2nd class is a different kettle of fish.  Usually a week to 10 day delay.

Given up sending anything letter/card related to the UK now.  Anything important gets put in a small box and it get there within 3 days.

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If you want as near to next day delivery you are better off posting either signed for or special delivery. You can also track your letters progress. 

Just now, Manxweegie said:

Just to add to a few comments and something i should have posted at the start - all these items were posted Royal Mail Tracked 48.

I received a small packet on Wednesday 3rd April, posted on Monday 25th March using Royal Mail 48. So, 9 days rather than the "estimated 2 or 3 days" description of that service. (In fairness, this included the Easter weekend.)

I couldn't tell you whether the delay was Royal Mail or IOM, because according to the tracking the package is still in Belfast.

2 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I couldn't tell you whether the delay was Royal Mail or IOM, because according to the tracking the package is still in Belfast.

Schrödinger’s Package?

Edited by Jarndyce
  • Haha 2