Angela Rayner

4 hours ago, RoundTheCourse said:

I think it's hilarious us in the Isle of Man pointing the finger at someone who is not paying Capital Gains Tax.

Well would it be hilarious if us in the Isle of Man were pointing the finger at the state of Texas executing someone because they have capital punishment there?

1 hour ago, Declan said:

This seems remarkably trivial...

I think manxman1980 hit on the truth last week:

On 4/8/2024 at 1:33 PM, manxman1980 said:

not so much that anything illegal may have taken place but they are aiming to portray her as a hypocrite.  They are trying to say that she took advantage of a scheme that allowed the sale of Council Houses and made a financial gain as a result and that having done so she now wishes to prevent anyone else being able to do that by changing the rules around buying Council Houses. 

I mean, it's still desperate deflection tactics from a doomed party, but if that's all they've got...

It's a measure of how low British politics has sunk that Humza Yousaf is leading Scotland over the cliff, while 'Red Ange' the Ginger Growler is a whisker away from being U.K. Deputy Prime Minister. How did things get this bad ?  

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's a measure of how low British politics has sunk that Humza Yousaf is leading Scotland over the cliff, while 'Red Ange' the Ginger Growler is a whisker away from being U.K. Deputy Prime Minister. How did things get this bad ?  

I think it’s quite good that Yousaf is leading the SNP into oblivion and that the UK could have Angela Rayner as UK Deputy Prime Minister. She has more balls than most of the male politicians.

3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's a measure of how low British politics has sunk that Humza Yousaf is leading Scotland over the cliff, while 'Red Ange' the Ginger Growler is a whisker away from being U.K. Deputy Prime Minister

No.   It’s a measure of how low British politics has sunk that, as JW pointed out earlier in this thread:

“She sold. She filled in her tax return, no doubt on the advice of her accountant.   Then, several years later, a Tory tax avoider, who manipulated his domicile status to not pay £100 million plus, and gave huge sums to the Tories ( and in a totally unrelated set of events, no doubt, got given a peerage ) writes a book suggesting she had avoided £1500”.

• Like 1