£50 Sewerage Charge

Bradzin

Who's going to pay for the stuff that is pouring into the sea near the bottom of Fisher's Hill? It's not safe having to drive so far whilst holding your breath till you get past it.

Thought the south was all on IRIS now. Is that not the rotting seaweed?

The stuff that I saw running out of a pipe and down the sea wall was definitely not seaweed based.

Who's going to pay for the stuff that is pouring into the sea near the bottom of Fisher's Hill? It's not safe having to drive so far whilst holding your breath till you get past it.

Thought the south was all on IRIS now. Is that not the rotting seaweed?

The stuff that I saw running out of a pipe and down the sea wall was definitely not seaweed based.

Fair enough. I did think that the south was all linked up but maybe there are places that aren't. From your first post I thought you were just driving past rather than beach walking. I have certainly smelt the pong along there but it does stink like high seaweed to me.

Edited by woolley

Water meters would be a good idea.

Why don't we have them over here?

They measure water going in - not shit going out.

Oh bugger - I can just see the headline "IoM Govt invest in shit meters"

well it looks like they are for 'business effluent'! Plus I expect a whole new dept otherwise who is going to do the proposed testing and apportionment of dues??

Water meters would be a good idea.

Why don't we have them over here?

They measure water going in - not shit going out.

Oh bugger - I can just see the headline "IoM Govt invest in shit meters"

well it looks like they are for 'business effluent'! Plus I expect a whole new dept otherwise who is going to do the proposed testing and apportionment of dues??

.............and who's going to second the motion?

I am with "asitis" on this, Departments appear to be increasing their incomes by hugely upping all possible charges to us. Then they are under less pressure to make savings on their expenditure, but surprise, surprise at the end of the financial year their net expenditure is now less than the previous year so they are able to congratulate themselves on how much they have saved !!!

Edited by Cypman

£100.00 next year, I wonder will council tenants have to pay this as well.

I paid £625.00 in water rates this year already, and I wait till I'm at work to have a shit

"It will go up to £100 from April next year, with further annual increases more than likely for the next few years."

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=69323

Generally speaking water conservation is a good thing, but as already pointed out the Isle of Man isn't exactly short of the wet stuff. Can't see the point of water meters for the Island.

Do you realize that water is pumped from Sulby, all the way over the hills to Douglas?

Generally speaking water conservation is a good thing, but as already pointed out the Isle of Man isn't exactly short of the wet stuff. Can't see the point of water meters for the Island.

Do you realize that water is pumped from Sulby, all the way over the hills to Douglas?

Yes, I'm very aware of that.

Water Meters are usually put in place where water shortage is a problem, which isn't the case in the Isle of Man.

Its all just tax by another name.

No it's not though. Most of these charges are paid by the householder, not the individual and they are disporportionately punished.

Just increase income tax ffs and cut costs elsewhere.

A tax is a financial charge or other levy imposed upon a taxpayer (an individual or legal entity) by a state or the functional equivalent of a state such that failure to pay is punishable by law.

Setting that aside, the point I wanted to make was IoM Government is increasingly looking for revenue sources and those at the top hate the word tax so much they will do anything other raise conventional taxes.

Apart from that I agree with you on the income tax point.