£50 Sewerage Charge

Bradzin

A Referendum is required for new Tax's like this,

That would be like a referendum asking whether you would like a kick in the balls. No point. You know the answer.

We had a referendum asking if we would like a kick in the balls ! some people call it an election !

Oh and we clearly voted yes !!

Edited by asitis

Generally speaking water conservation is a good thing, but as already pointed out the Isle of Man isn't exactly short of the wet stuff. Can't see the point of water meters for the Island.

Do you realize that water is pumped from Sulby, all the way over the hills to Douglas?

no its not

it can be pumped from Sulby to Baldwin though :lol:

Generally speaking water conservation is a good thing, but as already pointed out the Isle of Man isn't exactly short of the wet stuff. Can't see the point of water meters for the Island.

Do you realize that water is pumped from Sulby, all the way over the hills to Douglas?

no its not

it can be pumped from Sulby to Baldwin though laugh.png

When you're from the North then Baldwin is Douglas :) .

If it offends you, write to your mhk. I'm sure someone on here can put a suitable master letter together.

A suitable ending such as 'I'll remember your support come election time' would probably fall on deaf ears thou'.

Dear Voter, 'I'll be retiring at the end of this term with my massive pension,and couldn't really give a fuck' is a more likely response.

ETA: x-in-man, It offends me so greatly that I may even be motivated to write to your MHK.

Edited by Lisenchuk
  • Like 1

I think you will find that there are extra charges depending on the type of business and its need for extra water. Not scientific but a stab at covering costs.

But if every former and current government function such as sewerage, pre-school education, parking, local authority housing, water, roads, etc. are all having charges introduced or increased to cover their costs, does this mean that the taxes we previously paid to cover all of these things can just be used to keep the administrative bloat at the centre going along with all the nice benefits and pensions for those at the top? Or can we hope for that to be culled soon too? Be interesting to see what proposals come from the new Minister for Knocking Heads Together or whatever the official title is.

• Like 2

They can absolutely fuck off. It's every fucking week there's a new charge for this, an increase in that, and almost all of it coming from the government, which is apparently skint. As 3000 ex(and somehow current) employees walk around on £1000+ per week pensions. An extra £50 this year,£100 the next. No. Not paying. Fuck off.

• Like 3