Laxey Station

cheeky boy

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I suppose we should see the finished article before jumping to the feared conclusion.

Same here, but I personally would have liked it to stay oldy worldy without the modern twist

Yes. I suppose we should see the finished article before jumping to the feared conclusion.

I've heard a figure of about £700,000 for this pointless vanity project. If that figure is true then the only fair conclusion is we've been had over yet again.

We import them, like the granite.

How Longworth is still in a job I will never know, my left testicle knows more about how to run the Island's transport than him.

Hideous. But worse than that, the whole attraction of things like the MER is the package, not just a few antiquated electric trams, it's the stations and their being an anachronism and that is what should be maintained. What has been done to Laxey station, IMO the gem of the whole MER system, is nothing short of vandalism by fools.

If I was a skeptic I would be of the opinion that this type of work is keeping local construction firms, in work sort of like the old winter work schemes we used to have, however if a little forethought and imagination had gone into this project we could have actually helped the local economy out a lot more by sourcing the stone from local Quarry's as I know at least four that could supply a good quality material to make flagstones equal if not better than the cheap and tacky looking rubbish they have used. I personally think that this is a disgrace that we wipe out Manx history for a piece of Chinese granite that looks to be frank dreadful. I am hoping that before they commence work in Peel someone will take on board my thoughts and perhaps ask the local industry for some input before awarding large contracts to off island companies.

Hideous. But worse than that, the whole attraction of things like the MER is the package, not just a few antiquated electric trams, it's the stations and their being an anachronism and that is what should be maintained. What has been done to Laxey station, IMO the gem of the whole MER system, is nothing short of vandalism by fools.

I don't think I've ever agreed with anything you've ever posted on here before.

Archived