Laxey Station

cheeky boy

Uhtred,

not the language I would have used in summing up the situation but having seen what Mr Rodan clearly considers a triumph in regenerationI have to say that the man's grasp of a sensitive regenerate/restoration of one of the islands "jewels" is (to put it mildly) lacking.

Perhaps the signage should be changed to read "Rodan's Folly" and he should by forced to spend time there , as a penance and to answer for his arrogance.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you people don't realize is that they have a budget, and if they don't spend their budget they will have less money to fritter away on nothing next year. It's now March so they only have until the end of the month to ram through the last of every superfluous, ridiculous, idiotic, overpriced scheme they have made up throughout the year. Laxey station is just the dumping ground for a load of cost that if we don't incur it, we won't be able to piss it all away in similar style next year.

So shouldn't Speaker Rodan have prevented this wastrels charter rather than gleefully endorse it?

Somewhere I've read that Mr Rodan said the granite changes colour? What colour or example can anyone show please as I think this is relevant?

Nice link Moghrey Mie and as to Chris C who sees the changes as a positive one, then that's your opinion Chris but please don't let me stop you playing Candy Crush Saga on Facebook whilst living in the UK

When the election gets closer I think we should have a name and shame topic, remembering all the useless, wasteful things that the useless, wasteful M.H.K.'s have been responsible or have agreed with lest we forget. Let us start with Spewin Juan, and then there is Toilet Tax, non contributing Houghton, seconded by David Quirk, who also headed up the OFT inquiry regarding the Steam Packet, then there is the buffoon Cregeen who completely mismanaged the Post Office saga, Phil Gawne, too numerous to mention, Eddie Teare who is cruel to pensioners and working class, who are they ? in general, Rodan with his folly, etc etc......... they think their mistakes will be forgotten. Watch this space, there will be not a one of them who will bring in anything slightly controversial in the next twelve months, it will be all sweetness and light, the courting season will begin.

Somewhere I've read that Mr Rodan said the granite changes colour? What colour or example can anyone show please as I think this is relevant?

It goes to a darker shade of grey when it gets wet in the rain.......

The granite,or Rodan's wig?

It'll go a kind of speckled design, and look even shitter, when morons spit their chewing gum on to it and spill their coca cola.

How very dare these people try to change what we have had for 100+ years.

Jesus, fancy wanting to replace shitty gravel and mud with clean and neat stone that will last for years and enable those that use wheelchairs, pushchairs, walking sticks or even high heels to get safely to and from the trams. Bastards.

I am sometimes ashamed to be classed as Manx, when I read such crap as what is in this thread!

I'm reading loads about the granite work and can only say that I think there's more than a few people who like the smells and the roughness of the place as if time stood still and I'd quite imagine that they wouldn't mind getting their feet dirty to be taking part in something unique and unspoilt from the past.

Bit like owning a new shiny rough terrain bike and knowing that for the next few hours, you're going to go through all the trails you can for the sheer enjoyment of that participation.

Both similar things and each route has its own personal experience.

Archived