Civil service fat cats "a myth"

Amadeus

John Shimmin is not including those in the public sector in that figure, and I know plenty of them on salaries around the six figure mark with massive pension deals on top as well. They're all paid out of the same public pot. Very, very mediocre, most of the ones I know too, but they can talk fluent bullshit.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Shimmin is not including those in the public sector in that figure, and I know plenty of them on salaries around the six figure mark with massive pension deals on top as well. They're all paid out of the same public pot. Very, very mediocre, most of the ones I know too, but they can talk fluent bullshit.

He's including the entire public sector, excluding teachers, emergency services and politicians. For the full gist listen to Sunday Opinion.

The policy and reform minister says he's trying to dispel myths about 'fat cat' civil servants.

John Shimmin was speaking during a discussion about public sector pensions.

He says just seven civil servants, excluding consultants, are paid a salary of more than £100,000, while the vast majority earn under £35,000:

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/shimmin-civil-service-fat-cats-a-myth/

Now the teacher told you, so sit down and shut up or it's six of the best for you.

From last year. Surely some disconnect?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/revealed-the-top-earners-paid-by-manx-taxpayer-1-6742643

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57538-revealed-the-top-earners-paid-by-manx-taxpayer/?p=920590

What has his brother got to do with this issue?.

His brother is/was a perfect example of "Civil Service Fat Cat". So, John's rhetoric is not only meaningless but tainted.

Translates to: 'I don't really know what I'm talking about, but I'm sure his brother did something, somewhere in the civil service, at some stage, and whilst I have no idea when, or what, or how well, or what the salary level actually was, I'll make an absolute statement with no real understanding or fact.'

Mark Shimmin was a good Chief Financial Officer - Discuss

What Minister Shimmin is failing to point out in his 'Dispelling the Fat Cat Myth' initiative is the fact that all these salaries mount up to annual expenditure of hundreds of millions of pounds

This is just insane for a small island with a low taxation economy

I N S A N E

What has his brother got to do with this issue?.

His brother is/was a perfect example of "Civil Service Fat Cat". So, John's rhetoric is not only meaningless but tainted.

Oh come on. Some roles in government are always going to be well remunerated and Head of Treasury is one of those as you're carrying the can for everything.

Archived