Abortion plight should shame us all? Really?

Tarne

I'm just reading the story on IoM today and in my opinion, except for the mental anguish of an abortion, that really it was a piece of cake. I'm not sure why we should be shamed at all, and in fact quite pleased it's that easy to do. A girl wanted an abortion, she got an abortion pill really quickly and cheaply in Liverpool.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=31739&headline=Teenager%27s%20plight%20should%20shame%20us%20all&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2017

It's not like Ireland where it really is a big problem to get an abortion, I mean the only problem I can see was she wasn't offered much support by Liverpool.

Am I missing something?

It's not just me then. I was literally going "What the... but everything worked out fine?". I've re-read it a few times and I think the whole point is that the law says abortion is illegal to be performed over here, even though if it was legal they'd probably send you to Liverpool anyway.

I'm just reading the story on IoM today and in my opinion, except for the mental anguish of an abortion, that really it was a piece of cake.

Yeah, having to travel across and then having an abortion in an airport is a piece of piss. I do it for a laugh sometimes.

• Like 7

The story is that for those types of abortions, pills at very early stage, they cant be performed on the IOM at all, and the Dr's here cannot send a patient to Liverpool as it would be conspiracy to do a criminal act.

The current campaign is to allow abortion here on the same grounds as E&W under the 1967 Act, that would include the facility for a Dr here to prescribe and administer the pills on the NHS, saving the air fare and the clinic cost.

This was a 16 year old. She made a mistake. It happens. Why should she have to fly to Liverpool and be put at risk.

If it had happened here she wouldn't have been at the airport, shed have been home when the abortions started to occur.

I don't approve of abortion as a form of birth control, there are many reliable forms of birth control, but in cases like this, or rape, or foetal abnormality or danger to mother I do feel that the pregnant woman should be allowed to have an abortion in safe surroundings and that it is her right to choose, within the limitations and parameters laid down by the law .

What happened to that girl should never happen to anyone

• Like 8

I'm just reading the story on IoM today and in my opinion, except for the mental anguish of an abortion, that really it was a piece of cake. I'm not sure why we should be shamed at all, and in fact quite pleased it's that easy to do. A girl wanted an abortion, she got an abortion pill really quickly and cheaply in Liverpool.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=31739&headline=Teenager's%20plight%20should%20shame%20us%20all&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2017

It's not like Ireland where it really is a big problem to get an abortion, I mean the only problem I can see was she wasn't offered much support by Liverpool.

Am I missing something?

Ooooh. Controversial poster says controversial thing in a controversial way to deliberately wind people up on Internet forum. Yes getting an abortion is a piece of piss and probably the only thing you are missing to understand the mental anguish and true situation is a fanny. That said you appear to be a complete fanny.

• Like 3

The story is that for those types of abortions, pills at very early stage, they cant be performed on the IOM at all, and the Dr's here cannot send a patient to Liverpool as it would be conspiracy to do a criminal act.

See, that makes more sense than the whole article, I guess that's why you get the lawyer bucks! Now I get it.

• Like 1

Woman's right to choose in every case, always. She should be supported in every possible way and her considered way forward should be available for her on the Island whatever her means. It is a difficult enough time without having to worry about funding a trip and an operation elsewhere.

• Like 8

See, that makes more sense than the whole article, I guess that's why you get the lawyer bucks! Now I get it.

Flattery, Tarne, will get you nowhere.

The current campaign is to allow abortion here on the same grounds as E&W under the 1967 Act, that would include the facility for a Dr here to prescribe and administer the pills on the NHS, saving the air fare and the clinic cost.

This was a 16 year old. She made a mistake. It happens. Why should she have to fly to Liverpool and be put at risk.

If it had happened here she wouldn't have been at the airport, shed have been home when the abortions started to occur.

I don't approve of abortion as a form of birth control, there are many reliable forms of birth control, but in cases like this, or rape, or foetal abnormality or danger to mother I do feel that the pregnant woman should be allowed to have an abortion in safe surroundings and that it is her right to choose, within the limitations and parameters laid down by the law .

What happened to that girl should never happen to anyone

It's a sad story really when you read it.

I have the same view as you in the main. I'd prefer the law not to permit abortions up to the current amount of weeks.

I would question her statistics around 1 in 3 women getting abortions and 95% of them having no regrets about them.

• Like 1