Abortion plight should shame us all? Really?

Tarne

Not on these forums it would increasingly appear so.

Please read Albert Tatlock recent posts if you think men should have an opinion on this subject.

I like Albert as he does not take himself seriously and doesn't mean half of what he says. I was referring to several other posters who most certainly do.

Please read Albert Tatlock recent posts if you think men should have an opinion on this subject.

Very comical. 50 ish % of the population aren't allowed an opinion based on Albert's musings?

No,what she means is due to her inferiority complex and large chip on the shoulder,nothing more.

• Like 1

Well because (a) It has not affected my wife or children and (b) it wouldn't alter how I view that morally.

An ex partner, before I met her, had an abortion and it haunted her, mentally. One of the 5% apparently that it affectsrolleyes.gif

And it is true that there is a small segment of women who have had multiple abortions. I know of one in the IOM and she actually wasn't silent about it at all (which is how it was common knowledge at the time). Let's not pretend there are not more people like that anywhere.

Your children may not tell you if or when it affects them, most people don't.

As for women having multiple abortions, so? Why is that horrific? Some women are hyper-fertile is seems, and get pregnant whilst on the pill, using the coil, the implant anything.

If a women doesn't want the clump of cells inside her, she should have the right to get rid of them. End of. We don't live in some backwater place where women are forced to have eight or more children.

• Like 2

So, for example, should the tax payer be burdened with paying for 3 or 4 abortions for someone?

After all it will be so much cheaper to have the woman give birth numerous times and then raise a large family of unwanted children on benefits. And someone who is incapable of even controlling their contraception sounds just the right sort of person to bring up children.

• Like 2

Buying the abortion pill on the internet and taking it with no genuine medical advice on hand is the modern back street abortion, and it is fucking disgusting that our antiquated and frankly stupid laws compell terrified young girls to take this approach.

I don't care what the DHSC report says, it is clear and obvious that the current situation is absolutely bonkers.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 2

Politicians are being disengenous as always - the report is trying to say the issue is political not medical - women are robust and there isn't an obvious difference between the mental health outcomes of women who have had an unwanted child verses one who had an abortion verses one who has had neither. You can't use mental health outcomes as a clear criteria to justify giving women the choice on the Island.

The point is this isn't a medical need, it is a social one. Should our society restrict women from gaining access to ways of ending a pregnancy.

Most especially the prescribing of chemicals in the very early stages of pregnancy which will bring it to an end.

Our laws basically force a woman to delay that and force her to leave the Island to get them - possibly delaying the decision to the extent that a non chemical procedure is needed on a more advanced foetus.

Is that socially acceptable? Hiding behind a claim there is no identifiable medical need is typical of the cravenness politicians adopt over this issue.

On a side point - the evidence is that Trump's gagging of US funded health services in less developed countries being able to even mention that a woman has a legal option to have an abortion tends to increase the number of abortions in those countries as it results in women getting less reproductive health advice. Typical policy incompetence.

Edited by Chinahand

So, for example, should the tax payer be burdened with paying for 3 or 4 abortions for someone?

After all it will be so much cheaper to have the woman give birth numerous times and then raise a large family of unwanted children on benefits. And someone who is incapable of even controlling their contraception sounds just the right sort of person to bring up children.

But enough about Ramsey....😅