Abortion plight should shame us all? Really?

Tarne

And it is true that there is a small segment of women who have had multiple abortions

No doubt but so what?

Are you going to continue to deny medical treatment to those in desperate need just because some might abuse availablility of that treatment?

• Like 3

You want the state to have a register of abortions and monitor it to refuse a woman if she has what you define as too many? You do get that women with the least control of their reproductive health are often trapped in (serial) abusive relationships?

Edited by Chinahand
  • Like 1

I don't agree that it should be a form of contraception. People need to take responsibility.

I don't agree with your point either. Whilst there may be some in the situation you allude to then that is a situation that should be addressed.

Addressing situations like that is about as difficult a task as ensuring ever woman feels secure throughout her pregnancy. The real world has to acknowledge it won't always happen no matter how much we work towards it.

I asked where you draw the line?

Clearly indicating you would want a line, then once reached, you would be denying someone in desperate need as I said.

Obviously it shouldn't be a form of 'contraception' but I can't believe any woman would really want to go through that instead of the usual methods.

Edited by ballaughbiker

As I said above, once you accept the concept of abortion, I am not sure how you deal with the very small minority who may use it as contraception. Perhaps the numbers aren't that great and perhaps making it available won't affect the number of women who do in any case. Surely, the medics will say to a frequent user that they are actually impairing their reproductive health or are they?

• Like 1

I'm not spouting shite though. What I said is factual.

Your definition of shite is clearly different to mine.

As BB and Chinahand say above clearly what you're suggesting is that something like a register of abortions is kept and at some stage someone says "I'm sorry you can't have another abortion as you're a right old slag" It's a completely idiotic thing to suggest. Very few women end up having multiple abortions and I'm sure many that do are ones who live in difficult circumstances and who maybe suffer in serial abusive relationships - and yet you propose to stigamitze these people because your chauvinist attitudes believes they are "slags"?

You're not a member of the Taliban are you?