Puffing Billy at Jurby Hilton

Manx Bean

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ma gad - what is with nicotine addicts? Why do they suppose people who do not smoke are unhappy? I've got a really good life (like, seriously good) and I have a lot of fun (most days).

Surely you realise you sound like a complete twat for saying mylife is now boring and unhappy because I don't smoke. Wow I'd better get to the shop and buy some baccy so I can be happy, interesting and maybe I'll look really cool and grown up standing outside (in the rain) while I slowly kill myself - riiight :)

Your time was up the moment you were born bees.

You'll just pop off with something really complicated instead.

Like my grandad who gave up smoking in his 40s, and whose last words to me were 'Stop shaking the ladder, you little cunt'.

Prolonging my life had nothing to do with it Albert, while you're in the cycle you can't see it, it's only when you get away from it the trickery becomes clear & you get...like this :) I'd been sick of hiding around corners, going outside in the rain and pretending to my kids that I didn't smoke (when it was pretty obvious I did) for quite a while before I stopped.

Well at least everyone agrees on one thing, nicotine is addictive. It's a start :)

Nicotine is addictive but it's not harmful, therefore there is no problem in permitting the prisoners to vape or have nicotine patches, gum or whatever as a nicotine delivery system, if they are not permitted to smoke.

Not harmfull ? They used to use it as an Alkaloid Insecticide, did not do the insects much good i suppose

I've just had a conversation up the shop regarding the ongoing harmonisation of the colour of tobacco products for display purposes. They are all going black. Which is apt I think. Good lung match. Aren't cigarettes expensive? Over ten pounds per pack of twenty for some of them.

I followed a car over the mountain for 20 minutes the other day and the guy driving was vaping all the way. Strawberry smelling clouds coming out of his window. At least with a real ciggy it burns out after 5 minutes but these ecigs never stop so you must get way more nicotine out of them. Can't be good for you.

I've just had a conversation up the shop regarding the ongoing harmonisation of the colour of tobacco products for display purposes. They are all going black. Which is apt I think. Good lung match. Aren't cigarettes expensive? Over ten pounds per pack of twenty for some of them.

You can't display them. I'm not sure the colour matters.

I followed a car over the mountain for 20 minutes the other day and the guy driving was vaping all the way. Strawberry smelling clouds coming out of his window. At least with a real ciggy it burns out after 5 minutes but these ecigs never stop so you must get way more nicotine out of them. Can't be good for you.

Vaping just seems to be an attention seeking thing. It's not like killing your self with fags, but it still gets you off working for the best part of an hour a day by taking three 20 minute vaping breaks. I see that the new vaping bar in Castle Street is always empty. No doubt it will go bust soon when they realize that people only vape to get out of work. Nobody wants to be vaping in their free time and paying for the privilege.

I know people who have been vaping for around 4 years. They've just swapped one addiction for another.

If you're gonna give up, you have to change a lot of habits and change your routine, and come up with a plan that doesn't involve addiction. And give up.

That usually involves meeting a lot of boring people.

Personally, I love smoking. After meals, during and after sex, with and after beer.

The dozens of over 100 year olds in the pub keep telling me I should change.

But no...I won't.

Humans are currently great at thinking they can live forever. You don't, you end up dribbling in a nursing home, no matter how fit you were 30 years previously.

Live life, enjoy life.

Albert, you'd enjoy a meal much more if you weren't planning your escape to smoke. It is actually great not having to bust out of events to smoke all the time, I can see a whole concert, play and have pudding if we're out for a meal - none of that rushing everything to smoke. The spare time is great too, I've painted the hall, walked to Peel, blah blah blah - get off it :)

Archived