Police in drugs factory bust

BallaDoc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

That is a blast from past.

Champ was the dog that was put down because it was deemed to be a dangerous breed (despite the length campaign to prove it wasn't).

It was a pit bull. The original owner was even posting videos on YouTube with the title "pit bull in Isle of Man" showing it jumping and grabbing at a suspended piece of rope. Pretty stupid to import an illegal dog then advertise the fact.

11 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

It was a pit bull. The original owner was even posting videos on YouTube with the title "pit bull in Isle of Man" showing it jumping and grabbing at a suspended piece of rope. Pretty stupid to import an illegal dog then advertise the fact.

Only Pitbull Terriers are considered a "dangerous breed" (I believe, not sure about IOM legislation).  Staffordshire Bull Terriers are legal, but they can be confused for Pitbulls (detection is mostly done on appearance of the dog).

And it is possible to get exemption licenses in the UK for banned breeds.

20 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

It was a pit bull. Even the original owner acknowledged it as a pit bull. Watch the (now edited) videos on YouTube and it's obvious it was not just a butch staffy in a studded leather collar. Again, it was bloody stupid to import it and then advertise it.

If they called it a kitten would that make it so?

Well, from drugs to pit bull terriers. That was a quick thread diversion. Just what drugs and pit bull terriers have got to do with each other I don't know.

Anyway, it looks that Champ achieved a number of his own threads, this the main one: click. 

And there was a saintly looking Champ as a member on the forums who woofed and grrowled his way through various threads.

Champ-13309.jpg.d4ddecc55a62d7850a1c20365b88e3a8.jpg

I have to admit culpability for that one.  It wasn't even Champ that i meant, I meant the other one, the one that was found at Sulby reservoir, but I can't remember his name. Feel free to have two pages about that one too.

I get that currently it is illegal to grow cannabis and that the Police have to act on information given which may lead to the arrest of cannabis growers and sellers but for fuck sake Isle of Man Government lawmakers, make cannabis legal!! Tax it, regulate it, license it, keep prices very low, pay for safety nets to deal with the negative impact paid for by taxation and then the under resources Constabulary can get on with talking crime. I'm fairly certain there are police offover a that have one hell of a dilemma arresting cannabis users due to two facts...1. They use the stuff themselves, 2. They know it's not a real crime and that it shouldn't be arrestable, 3. If they focus on cannabis users then they are distracted from the financial and law sectors cocaine use...ta da!

On 08/03/2018 at 7:47 AM, 2bees said:

But it’s against the law... 

How is it legal for people to own stocks and shares in the likes of GWP and PMCB, especially PMCB? The cops need to get themselves over to Nevada those pesky people have got a 17million $ grow going on. 

Pointless and wasteful. Did they ever catch the B&Q thief? Or find the Mayoress’s chain? Or find the person who sold that man the box of cocaine? Or the person who sold that other lad the tenner bag of smack that killed him? Did they? No, because they were too busy pissing around with pot heads - bah!

You answer your own question. It' against the law the police don' decide the law they enforce it. Ok the mayor's chain wasn' found or b and q burglar but a double child killer was put away and a multiple rapist was put away for 18 years. Funny the successes never get mentioned. Do you diss the paramedics and doctors that don' save lives? No of course not as that would be stupid

31 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

You answer your own question. It' against the law the police don' decide the law they enforce it. Ok the mayor's chain wasn' found or b and q burglar but a double child killer was put away and a multiple rapist was put away for 18 years. Funny the successes never get mentioned. Do you diss the paramedics and doctors that don' save lives? No of course not as that would be stupid

well said thommo :)

Thanks for taking the time to read my post & reply. :) I’m not as bothered as you think I am. However,  the double child killer and rapist were not exactly hard to find nor convict. 

Maybe I should have asked...Why some things that are against the law are given more police time than people growing a plant that is legal in half of the developed world? 

Paramedics are a different level, that comparison is totally invalid.

Archived