How easy is it to stand for a local election, or as an MHK

LightBulb

12 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Good luck with that

It's preferable to the insane tyranny that would ensue if "direct democracy" (which is a contradiction in terms, as it is neither direct nor is it democracy) were ever implemented.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

God, you sound more like Chris Thomas every day

I'll take that as a compliment. Chris Thomas is a good and honorable person; far too good to be in Tynwald amongst that lot.

3 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

I have no interest in wasting my time proving that the earth is a sphere or that 2+2 = 5. Anybody with more than two brain cells should already know.

Like I said, "everybody knows". When I said that, I meant everybody who has a clue of what is going on here on the island knows. If other people don't know then that's not my problem, nor would them being made aware be in any way a solution.

As far as parliamentary democracy and Manx politics are concerned, I have not the slightest interest. Most of the corruption is at the local level and I'm content to keep repeating my view that local authorities should be done away with, not simply because of corruption, but because they are inefficient, duplicitous, unjustifiable, unaffordable, and largely unaccountable. I would like to see it all amalgamated under a central government department which is subject to the oversight of nationally elected politicians, not local busy bodies and dodgy bureaucrats.

In other words, you are once again talking shite

20 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

How's that great music Rushen Spy ? Mindless shite more like it. Rock music dumbed down to its absolute lowest common denominator, and absolutely no magic whatsoever.

It's a nice tune. Also, Declan has previously stated that a Ramone's greatest hits album contains more classic rock anthems than any of the classic rock greatest hits compilation albums.

12 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

It's a nice tune. Also, Declan has previously stated that a Ramone's greatest hits album contains more classic rock anthems than any of the classic rock greatest hits compilation albums.

Dear me but you're easily led....

Been at the bottle again TJ?

Archived