Laxey flooding

the stinking enigma

18 minutes ago, Gizo said:

A few cars have made sizeable holes in the sunken gardens on Douglas promenade too. 

Are people unaware that the whole point of the sunken gardens is as a flood defense? Parking in front of them for autumn storms is just stupid.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Are people unaware that the whole point of the sunken gardens is as a flood defense? Parking in front of them for autumn storms is just stupid.

Please post a credible link to your claim that the sunken gardens are a flood defence.

4 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Why would they? You park on the promenade etc at your own risk.  It would simply be up to the owner to claim on their insurance.

And you would think that people would have a care to check the forecast before parking in such a vulnerable place. I smile every time I run past those parking bays they've marked out by the sea wall opposite Summerland. What pillock would park his pride and joy there?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woolley said:

And you would think that people would have a care to check the forecast before parking in such a vulnerable place. I smile every time I run past those parking bays they've marked out by the sea wall opposite Summerland. What pillock would park his pride and joy there?

Paging Neil Down / Martian Moore...