Post Prices from 6th April

ballaughbiker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

What are they developing?

An increasing charge structure and an increasing loss structure. Takes some doing to develop those side by side.

We must remember though that they are (or until recently were) obliged to hand over £1.5M to Treasury every year.

12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

An increasing charge structure and an increasing loss structure. Takes some doing to develop those side by side.

We must remember though that they are (or until recently were) obliged to hand over £1.5M to Treasury every year.

That must have been one of the most ludicrous things that Bell could have done. Taking away the ability of IOMP to invest in new markets and forge relationships with UK/EU freight integrators. Bonkers.

41 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The change from percentage of profits to one large payment happened while Mr Creegen was Chairman.

So much for looking after his postmen mates.

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

The change from percentage of profits to one large payment happened while Mr Creegen was Chairman.

So much for looking after his postmen mates.

To be fair i've never had any issue with the service and our postman goes the extra mile, however mentioning Cregeen and any disaster in the same breath does not surprise me, the intellect of a root vegetable.

29 minutes ago, asitis said:

To be fair i've never had any issue with the service and our postman goes the extra mile, however mentioning Cregeen and any disaster in the same breath does not surprise me, the intellect of a root vegetable.

Ditto, the grass roots seem to be scurrying around and doing their best to keep things moving. With the volume of mail that must be coming onto the Island now with everybody effectively obliged to do their shopping online, if they can't make money now the Post Office never will do.

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Ditto, the grass roots seem to be scurrying around and doing their best to keep things moving. With the volume of mail that must be coming onto the Island now with everybody effectively obliged to do their shopping online, if they can't make money now the Post Office never will do.

Equally we’ve been told to only order essential items because the post office will be working on reduced numbers, has that advice changed? I know Manx Indy released a similar statement.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Equally we’ve been told to only order essential items because the post office will be working on reduced numbers, has that advice changed? I know Manx Indy released a similar statement.

The Post Office are taking on extra casual staff to deal with the volume of mail coming on to the Island.

53 minutes ago, asitis said:

you leave veggies out it.

46 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The Post Office are taking on extra casual staff to deal with the volume of mail coming on to the Island.

Well that’s good news then, I can start ordering stuff again, I thought they were trying to discourage it but if it’s keeping people in work then I’ll carry on.

if the post office would start transporting stuff again that are now on the banned list they might have a few more parcels to deliver, as it stands they're not delivering this and not delivering that attitude sees lots of stuff arrive by courier at greater expense,  if it is safe enough for courier transportation surely it is safe enough for postal delivery ,  what do they do different to change the so called risks ?

Archived