IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

15 minutes ago, finlo said:

Probably never received an appointment through either their incompetence or the post offices.

The booking system is dreadful, lost letters and false claims they have sent my details to broadgreen multiple times but nothing ever gets there.

Analysis of the booking system, independent of the staff manning it would solve a lot of issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

The booking system is dreadful, lost letters and false claims they have sent my details to broadgreen multiple times but nothing ever gets there.

Analysis of the booking system, independent of the staff manning it would solve a lot of issues.

WTF are they sending medical records via snail mail anyway!

2 hours ago, finlo said:

Probably never received an appointment through either their incompetence or the post offices.

I've had post turn up day after the appointment so not even an opportunity to cancel. Stopping Saturday delvieries had other consequences than just giving posties feet a rest.

Yet my dentist can automatically send me a courtesy reminder text the day before a checkup.

Does two things. Obviously there is enough time to go 'oh sh**' and change plans if you simply forgot or got dates muddled with 24 hours notice.

And if you can't attend, say you have C19, there is a possibility to reuse the appointment for new additions or others who can't make their recently alloted appointment.

At 10% failure rate, instead of berating everyone, they could investigate. Otherwise how will it change?

but MC can't do the same. 

Edited by CallMeCurious
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Whatnonsence said:

Over 500 no shows for appointments for Nobles  hospital in January no management information on why these patients did not arrive!

Would  you not think that no shows would be monitored as a matter of good management practice?

you do wonder how many of the no shows were patients that had their appointments cancelled by the hospital with one hand that didn't tell the other hand at the hospital that the appointment had been cancelled.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

I've had post turn up day after the appointment so not even an opportunity to cancel. Stopping Saturday delvieries had other consequences than just giving posties feet a rest.

Yet my dentist can automatically send me a courtesy reminder text the day before a checkup.

Does two things. Obviously there is enough time to go 'oh sh**' and change plans if you simply forgot or got dates muddled with 24 hours notice.

And if you can't attend, say you have C19, there is a possibility to reuse the appointment for new additions or others who can't make their recently alloted appointment.

At 10% failure rate, instead of berating everyone, they could investigate. Otherwise how will it change?

but MC can't do the same. 

They do text reminders. It was sporadic, but seems better now.  

11 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Maybe they know what the problem is. Maybe they don't want to change.

The problem is, superficially, pretty straightforward but with the number of people and the amount of data involved the solution might need a bit of competence.

For Manx Care, people not turning up is a bonus. On that day, a no-show results in a shorter wait time for others. As stated above, the solution requires a bit of competence and in spite of having a Chief Information Officer *and* a Deputy Chief Information Officer they realise they haven't got it.

So you wonder how could anyone be so cynical.... 

But they can organise a Manx Care Annual Awards event - a taxpayer funded organisation giving themselves prizes. Unbelievable. And don't say private companies handed over the money for the prizes - they want something in return,  and in my opinion they should not be giving prizes to people who are already paid to do the job.

[In Murray Walker's biography, when he worked in advertising he said the annual bonus for good work was a job the next year. Doing a good job was the minium standard.]

While I am in rant mode, their biggest achievement of Manx Care is spending £30 million to subcontract out medical procedures. Where did that money come from? What justified the gov. handing over £30 million to Manx Care when they refused to do that for the previous body?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Maybe they know what the problem is. Maybe they don't want to change.

The problem is, superficially, pretty straightforward but with the number of people and the amount of data involved the solution might need a bit of competence.

For Manx Care, people not turning up is a bonus. On that day, a no-show results in a shorter wait time for others. As stated above, the solution requires a bit of competence and in spite of having a Chief Information Officer *and* a Deputy Chief Information Officer they realise they haven't got it.

So you wonder how could anyone be so cynical.... 

But they can organise a Manx Care Annual Awards event - a taxpayer funded organisation giving themselves prizes. Unbelievable. And don't say private companies handed over the money for the prizes - they want something in return,  and in my opinion they should not be giving prizes to people who are already paid to do the job.

[In Murray Walker's biography, when he worked in advertising he said the annual bonus for good work was a job the next year. Doing a good job was the minium standard.]

While I am in rant mode, their biggest achievement of Manx Care is spending £30 million to subcontract out medical procedures. Where did that money come from? What justified the gov. handing over £30 million to Manx Care when they refused to do that for the previous body?

You knew it was all smoke and mirrors when their biggest success was getting all the signage and letterheads replaced with the new brand. Bit like polishing a turd, it's still a turd.

If I get an afternoon appointment I try to change it for the simple reason you know you'll end up with a 30m to 60m delay. If that happens consistently then maybe the allowance per appointment is wrong and needs adjusting or you need more staff to cope.

But then by admitting that, they will fall further behind on the targets, can't recruit ior retain staff  yadda yadda yadda. Maybe thats because the targets are unrealsiitc and frontline staff on a hiding to nothing. The fact they didn't have adequte staff for the A&E department in our only hospital for over  12 months say is it all really.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WTF said:

you do wonder how many of the no shows were patients that had their appointments cancelled by the hospital with one hand that didn't tell the other hand at the hospital that the appointment had been cancelled.

Could well be exactly that but wouldn’t you expect given the amount that they would be able  to explain it.

Or could it be those in management don’t care because they are never challenged nor are they taken to task by our MHKs 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

Could well be exactly that but wouldn’t you expect given the amount that they would be able  to explain it.

Or could it be those in management don’t care because they are never challenged nor are they taken to task by our MHKs 

And the member is sitting on two seats, one cheek on each apparently.

• Like 2