IndyRef2 here we go again

Manxweegie

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Eight years between referendums doesn’t constitute “ once in a generation “ to me.

Still turkeys, Christmas and all that.

It's the framing of the first one was "once in a generation" that's stupid though, not the second ref. Given the massive change in UK politics with Brexit, which Scotland voted heavily against, it's only reasonable.

• Like 1

Scotland didn't vote against Brexit. That's political sophistry - a lie in simple terms. When Scots entered the Brexit ballot box they were voting as British citizens on Britain's membership of the European Union. The ballot paper said nothing about Scottish, English, Welsh or Northern Irish membership. It was the whole of the United Kingdom and was indivisible. Don't let Sturgeon and her crew fool you into that one.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Scotland didn't vote against Brexit. That's political sophistry - a lie in simple terms. When Scots entered the Brexit ballot box they were voting as British citizens on Britain's membership of the European Union. The ballot paper said nothing about Scottish, English, Welsh or Northern Irish membership. It was the whole of the United Kingdom and was indivisible. Don't let Sturgeon and her crew fool you into that one.

That’s sophistry. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

The majority of Scotland don't want Independence they can see though the SNP and Sturgeon, I hope the vote goes ahead they will get beat and show her up and she can slink off with her tail between her legs.

How do you know that?

I think it's very close going by the polls. 

Of course there is no way of judging it down to the individual person (they wouldn't have to vote - if there is one - if that were the case).

The vote was close when it happened the last time. There has been an even bigger swing towards it in recent times with the continued actions of Westminster. 

2 minutes ago, Manxweegie said:

I do not see however a situation where an independent Scotland would be allowed to join the EU anyhow.

Spain i am sure would veto due to it's own separatist regions i.e. Catalonia. 

Again mate we just don't know. 

Scotland is viewed internationally as a country in it's own right. Just the same way NI and Wales are. Some people know they're part of the UK, others don't. Can't say the same for Catalonia, despite the fact I am in favour of them doing whatever they feel necessary.