More uselessness from DBC

Newsdesk

3 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

No, Corpy managers need to speak to DOI on residents behalf and if they are not competent to do that you as a accidental councillor need to make them on behalf of the rate payers which it what you get paid to attend meetings for. 

You really know how to charm people, don't you? 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Amadeus said:

You really know how to charm people, don't you? 

Ahem....

On 8/27/2011 at 9:22 AM, Amadeus said:

It'a a pefectly valid, honest - if strongly worded - opinion about a publically elected politician. It may not be positive, but that's politics. If you want pink fluffy bunny talk, work in a Kindergarten :)

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Very nervous to return to this thread.

I love Douglas Borough Council and I'd never say a bad thing ❤️

I'm back girls! After my near one month ban for this post.

The new mods are not like the old ones, you could call John W a Lawyer - One of the worst things to call an educated man - and he would not ban you.

Tell the new mods they are a not educated, or words to that effect and you get a ban...........

Small Man Syndrome?

Or nonentity's who now have power in this little world?

The bit that amazes me more is that whilst I was banned I reported the Roundel thread when it first opened as it was all about bins and it would inevitably just bring out the DBC trash talk.

Albert agreed with the report, but seems he was put back in his place and it was reinstated.

Screenshot_20230131-081813_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

The bit that amazes me more is that whilst I was banned I reported the Roundel thread when it first opened as it was all about bins and it would inevitably just bring out the DBC trash talk.

Albert agreed with the report, but seems he was put back in his place and it was reinstated.

Screenshot_20230131-081813_Chrome.jpg

Probably banned because you post a load of crap 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Very nervous to return to this thread.

I love Douglas Borough Council and I'd never say a bad thing ❤️

I'm back girls! After my near one month ban for this post.

Hahahah

The same day that this post below got me banned for the same duration.

9F7B88B8-5B1B-45D1-8A0A-43BC1774FF2E.thumb.jpeg.1b6bc162777a5ddb2d6d77cbe54c707a.jpeg

I also received this slightly bizarre personal message the same evening 🤷‍♂️

7308D8D1-41E9-4EE7-A7AE-F9153F25CAE6.thumb.jpeg.c938d46651763a51c8a24d22b57f4d2e.jpeg

Anyway.  I love DBC and every single person who has been elected by the public to serve them does a grand job in my opinion.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

Hahahah

The same day that this post below for me banned for the same duration.

9F7B88B8-5B1B-45D1-8A0A-43BC1774FF2E.thumb.jpeg.1b6bc162777a5ddb2d6d77cbe54c707a.jpeg

I also received this slightly bizarre personal message the same evening 🤷‍♂️

7308D8D1-41E9-4EE7-A7AE-F9153F25CAE6.thumb.jpeg.c938d46651763a51c8a24d22b57f4d2e.jpeg

Anyway.  I love DBC and every single person who has been elected by the public to serve them does a grand job in my opinion.

I wish to clarify that I fully support DBC in all that it does and have the utmost respect for all of the respected representatives of the council.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Well Twitter is really interesting now as you can finally see how many views a Tweet has had without being the author. Some people who you might think are really popular on Twitter as they’re on there constantly about everything now can’t hide how few views their Tweets actually get despite their best efforts. The Roundel and the Roundel creator are classic cases in point where noise doesn’t actually seem to convert to views so likely the posts here had to stay to drive traffic to an otherwise dreary seldom viewed site. It’s all in the left hand stats under the Tweet. 

53 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

So flytipping reports in Douglas were massively up in 2022.

Makes you wonder why as the bin collection service has apparently been so robustly streamlined and they’ve made it so much easier for everyone to get rid of household waste. So what could possibly be causing this? 😂

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/seventy-nine-reports-of-fly-tipping-591560

Well according to that very article:

Despite the council introducing a two weekly bin collection service in September last year, only six reports were sent to the council and nine in October.

Which if there were 79 in all of 2022 isn't too far off the average of 6.6 a month.  Or are you saying that people started fly-tipping in advance, just to spite the Council making a decision which you say no one knew about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I said it was very carefully written it would be nice to see the actual FOI. The newspaper report says:

“Despite the council introducing a two weekly bin collection service in September last year, only six reports were sent to the council and nine in October.

Does that mean that there were about 45 in November and December after the changes came in to make it up to 79?

Well.  We know that in Jan, Feb, March, August, November and December totalled only totalled 32.  So no, there can’t have been 45 in November and December

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I said it was very carefully written it would be nice to see the actual FOI. The newspaper report says:

“Despite the council introducing a two weekly bin collection service in September last year, only six reports were sent to the council and nine in October.

Does that mean that there were about 45 in November and December after the changes came in to make it up to 79?

We don't know because, as I've pointed out before, Douglas don't actually publish their FoI responses unlike everyone else (even Onchan).  I seems unlikely though given the rate in months before.  As ever we can't really tell and you'd need the month by month totals for several years before making a judgement and really a year's worth under the new regime before you could really tell.  For example greater publicity for the waste department contact numbers might encourage more people to report fly-tipping and there may be seasonal factors such as gales.  You'd also need to look at fly-tipping in the area outside Douglas and if that changed.

• Haha 1