Tim is back at DOI !!

Banker

24 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You’re seriously suggesting that money would be taken from the public purse to bribe an MHK into taking a ministerial post by paying for them and their entire family to have a holiday in the Bahamas?

Lolz. 

ETA. Tim Crookall asked for the DOI post last time and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he asked for it this time either. We have no idea why he resigned. It could have been for a variety of reasons. For all the jokes being made against him I would say that I’ve found him to be extremely hard working, honest to a fault and he doesn’t baulk at a challenge. Let’s see how things pan out this time round for him and for us with regard to this appointment. I’d far rather him in post than any of the others tbh. 

I don't think he resigned from DOI, he had a very short term at DOI and was then moved to DfE (when Thomas took over at DOI); it was DfE he resigned from I think? There's been so many sackings/resignations and reshuffles that it's hard to remember though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I don't think he resigned from DOI, he had a very short term at DOI and was then moved to DfE (when Thomas took over at DOI)

Actually, I think you're right. Even so, the point still stands. We don't know why he was moved.  He was moved by Cannan I seem to remember, and we never heard from either of them about why that was. I have my own theory but it's not one that I'm prepared to share on here.

9 minutes ago, fredtosser said:

It reflects badly on Cannan. So few options he's recycling Ministers. 

Wonder when the vote of no confidence will be tabled.

Does it?  Didn’t a lot of them say they wouldn’t be looking at ministers positions when out on the election trail?  There were always going to be reduced options from when they removed any real financial incentive to take the extra responsibility/hassle.

He needs a good handle on what is required to make things better along with a good nose for bullshit and the will to challenge the civil servants who espouse and deliver it.

I know that @stupeters is aware of many of the key issues at Ronaldsway, so am sure that he will bring the new Minister up to speed.

I wish him good luck.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Does it?  Didn’t a lot of them say they wouldn’t be looking at ministers positions when out on the election trail?  There were always going to be reduced options from when they removed any real financial incentive to take the extra responsibility/hassle.

Like Minister Johnston 🙄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

6th job - the dulling of any pointy pieces of wood.

7th job - sell the Govt silver. 

8th job - remove all crucifixes from Govt offices. 

Actually out of interest, where did the least entertaining member of the Adams Family stand on the whole Bish and Prayers in Tynwald? 

9th  replace holy water with tap water in the font.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1