2 years in..have your MHKs delivered?

Manx Bean

"Funding cuts mean work on the Island's roads has to be focussed on maintenance rather than new projects."

So - previously, spending was focussed on new projects rather than maintenance.

I could say that he has phrased that badly, but actually he is correct - previously maintenance was secondary to, in his words, "the new and the shiny".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I wish Moorhouse was one of my MHKs. I reckon if I was stuck at the bottom of a well on a Saturday night and had 1% left on my phone, if I called him to see if he could get a rope, I reckon he would.

If I only had MHKs' numbers in my phone and Moorhouse didn't answer, I think I'd probably try Christian, Faragher, Poole-Wilson, Caine, Edge, Allison, Peters or Watterson.

I think I'd be worried that some of the others would either not answer, or would use up my battery telling me how important and busy they are and how just getting rope isn't as straightforward as I might think, or suggest I contact someone else. Am I being harsh? 

Weird. 

whats wrong with 999 and getting fire brigade or coast guard, who might actually turn up and rescue you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

What’ve you got against assisted colouring?

Love it when someone needs a pompous, smug and pedantic poster to come along and you can guess which one of three it will be.

Sometimes people even set little traps like autocorrects that are obviously wrong but which they can’t be arsed fixing.

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Haha 1

In the days when I wrote words on a piece of paper, then gave that to a secretary (invariably female) to be typed, I had a tendency to misspell the word "Whether". Then, one day, one of these secretary-types explained to me what the word wot I had wrote actually meant. I did not make that mistake again.

These days it would pass the spelling checker (spell checkers are only used by magicians).

14 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

217905.gif

FFS

I knew it was wrong but was in a hurry and didn’t think anyone would be sad enough to pick up on it.

It doesn’t bother me int he slightest, but makes me realise how unpleasant it must be for dyslexic people if they feel they can’t just post freely for fear of a pedant picking up on an error that has no impact on how people would understand the post.